Small Parts Nickel Chomium Resistance Wire 1PK - Chromel-A - 1990' Length
Sorry, this item is no longer available.
Search our site to find another great deal. But hurry! With our low prices, we sell out fast!
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
- 80% NICKEL, 20% CHROMIUM
- Premium Grade, Hot Wire Cutting and Heater Wire
- High Chromium Content; Annealed
- Superior Corrosion Resistance
- Continuous Temperature Rating of 2150 Degrees F
- Nickel-Chromium (Chromel A (80-20) is one of standard alloys for electrical resistance wire for heaters and electrical appliances. Various trade names and compositions exist for these alloys. The composition is 78.4 percent Nickel, 20 percent Chromium, 1 percent Silicon and 0.05 percent Iron. Chromel A has a continuous service temperature of 2150 degrees F (1177 degrees C), which is higher than the more common Iron rich alloys on the market. Chromel A also performs better in high temperature corrosive environments and is used in the medical device industry. The smaller gauge wires are used to make inoculating needles and loops that are used in microbiology labs. Cauterizing instruments can also be made utilizing this alloy. Other applications include resistors, rheostats, resistance thermometers and potentiometers. Typical uses: hot-wire cutting, heater wire, inoculating needles, cauterizing instruments.
- Small Parts
- Resistance Wire
- Resistance Wire
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.