Canon PowerShot 12.1MP Digital Camera (SX510)
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
Canon PowerShot 12.1MP Digital Camera (SX510) is rated out of 5 by 43.
Rated 3 out of 5 by Ralph_Bay from Average Camera..But expensive This is a good piece of equipment that fut fill the minimum expectations. Quality wise, it is what is expected in a CANON product. It does not have any new features. It is all the same as standard cameras. Canon tried to put the body of their EOS types in this small one, but it fells very weird in my hands. Wi-Fi, is not working properly, or better.. at all. It does not analyze the need of flash, so it needs to be open manually, so if you forgot to do it, you get a terrible picture. Zoom is good, almost all offer the same 30X optical. So in summary: Too much money for what you get. I have 30 days with it and will return it today to the store.
Date published: 2014-05-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by Indalu from Great features.... I bought this to replace an old lower MP camera and specifically to take on a trip. I wanted a camera that would allow me to shoot a variety of subjects without having to change lenses and cart around a bunch of equipment. The zoom on this camera cannot be beat. Absolutely fabulous....and the picture quality with the zoom at max is awesome. We have a fancy-smancy DSL camera also but I suspect this one will be used much more. Great value for the features. My only slight negative is that it is a little small in my hands. Good size for sticking in a purse, but a little difficult for me to get a good grip. Overall very pleased with the purchase.
Date published: 2013-09-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by ohana3 from small in size...but I bought the canon sureshot to take pictures for my daughters homecoming dance. I bought it on a Wednesday, and had to use it that Saturday. It was so easy to use! I am not especially good at electronics but it is easy to navigate, and the auto setting was wonderful. I did try some other settings, and I was very happy with the results. I love the wifi capabilities. I am very happy with the pictures and had to do very little editing, which by the way, was very easy as well . I cannot wait to take my camera to Hawaii next month! It may be small in size but it does everything I need and more!
Date published: 2014-10-24
Rated 4 out of 5 by shortstuff from Great little camera I needed a new point and shoot camera because my other one was old and so outdated I couldn't find an USB cord to download my photos on the camera's memory. My husband said go ahead and buy what I wanted for my birthday. Before any purchase I consult consumer magazines for recommendations. This was highly recommended. Once I received it I started to use it especially the optical zoom. It took absolutely clear photos better than the EOS that I have, granted it is the first one that came out. It is easy to use although I still have many features to learn. Photos are sharp. Colors are true.
Date published: 2015-01-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by Midspoint from Amazing~Easy to Use I have a DSLR camera, but I've not been happy about lugging equipment around and having to quickly change lenses in order to capture close-ups or distance photos. This camera is small, easy to handle, and the zoom is amazing! My pictures are clear and crisp, and the details with the zoom are excellent. I am more than satisfied. Since I like to edit my pictures before sharing, or processing, I didn't buy for the wi-fi... (it's not an important feature for me), so I have no opinion on it. I've only had it a couple of weeks, but I am excited about the results so far. Nice job, Canon!
Date published: 2014-01-14
Rated 4 out of 5 by col from disappointed in Canon I have always purchased and recommended Canon cameras however I now feel they have gone beyond cheap and their customer service just isn't what it used to be. When I compare my good old PowerShot A80 to my newly purchased SX510 - Wow. The new body is much more fragile. A USB cable and a CD ROM user manual was not provided! Unbelievable to me. The excuse? - They want to be more environmentally responsible. I have a different word for it - Cheap. I do have to say, the pictures I am taking are amazing. The camera function great but come on - give me a cable and a manual next time!
Date published: 2014-08-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by Photo tumblr from Super moon good!! The canon I got for Christmas wasn't the one I had my eye on. I got this one, and thought "This camera probably does not have the right features, and will probably take bad photos,"well I was wrong! Recently I decided to put my powershot to the test by taking pictures of the blood moon. They turned out really blurry, but then I realized that I should use the manual setting. AND HOLY COW DID THAT SMALL LIGHT-WEIGHT AMAZING CAMERA TOOK THE BEST HD PHOTOS OF THE MOON!!!! Would definitely recommend this camera for anyone! Takes even better pictures when you use a tri-pod.
Date published: 2015-09-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by VacationHappy from Took a licking and kept on clicking While on vacation, with my new Canon Powershot 510 HS, I tripped and fell in the street, with my camera. I fell flat and my camera went airborne and landed hard in the street and then slid to the center line. I was sure my new Canon was ruined but to my surprise it was completely unharmed except for a few scratches on the casing. When I got home I was able to download the pictures and was very happy with the quality of them. I am a casual user and I found the Canon Powershot 510HS very easy to use and extremely durable. Thanks Canon!
Date published: 2015-07-16
- Digital SLR
- Optical Zoom
- The Canon PowerShot SX510 HS Digital Camera is a compact, point-and-shoot camera featuring a 12.1 megapixel 1/2.3-inch high-sensitivity CMOS sensor and DIGIC 4 image processor to produce high resolution still imagery and full HD 1080p video. The sensor and processor work together to enable the Canon HS SYSTEM, which helps to reduce noise levels and gain greater clarity for enhanced low-light imagery. The processor also affords speed throughout the entire camera system, including High Speed AF and Zoom Framing Assist. The built-in Canon 30x optical zoom lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 24-720mm, covering wide-angle to super telephoto lengths. The reach of this lens is enhanced by the optical image stabilization system that works to reduce the appearance of camera shake. Six distinct settings of Intelligent IS image stabilization are also available, and can be automatically applied to suit the type of shooting and subject matter.
- Product Type: Compact Camera
- Battery Size Supported: Proprietary Battery Size
- Maximum Video Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Touchscreen: No
- Wireless LAN: Yes
- Effective Camera Resolution: 12.1 Megapixel
- GPS: No
- USB: Yes
- HDMI: No
- Wide Angle: Yes
- PictBridge: Yes
- Product Family: PowerShot
- HD Movie Mode: Yes
- Memory Card Supported: SD,SDXC,SDHC
- Image Stabilization: Optical
- Optical Zoom: 30x
- Digital Zoom: 4x
- Brand Name: Canon
- Features: Face Detection,Live View,Continuous Shooting Mode,Orientation Sensor
- Screen Size: 3"
- Video Formats: MPEG-4,MOV
- Viewfinder Type: No
- Weight (Approximate): 11.15 oz
- Image Sensor Size: 1/2.3" (0.24" x 0.18")
- Maximum Image Resolution: 4608 x 3456
- Display Screen Type: LCD
- Height: 3.2"
- Width: 4.1"
- Depth: 2.7"
- Focal Length: 4.30 mm to 129 mm
- Image Formats: JPEG
- External Flash: No
- Focus Modes: Auto,Manual
- Manufacturer: Canon, Inc
- Product Model: SX510 HS
- Product Name: PowerShot SX510 HS Compact Camera
- Product Line: PowerShot
- Exposure Control:
- Program AE
- Aperture Priority
- Shutter Priority
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Manufacturer Part Number: 8409B001
- Manufacturer Website Address: http://www.usa.canon.com
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.