Prepaid LG Extravert Cell Phone for Verizon Wireless - Black/Red (VN271)
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
Prepaid LG Extravert Cell Phone for Verizon Wireless - Black/Red (VN271) is rated out of 5 by 27.
Rated 2 out of 5 by Anonymous from Unreliable bluetooth - otherwise good For the most part, I have really liked this phone for the 1 1/2 weeks I've had it. I like the customization of the screen, and calls have been very clear. I like having Facebook link built in. The battery is so-so. However, the deal breaker for me is the difficulty keeping the phone paired with my car's Bluetooth. LG support tells me that it is the automaker's responsibility to test the phones with their cars, and therefore they have no comment or advice since it has not yet been tested. Boo! Unfortunately, I will have to return this and try another basic phone. My previous LG from 2 yrs ago worked fine with the car. They don't make them like they used to.... :(
Date published: 2012-05-24
Rated 2 out of 5 by Anonymous from DECENT THIS PHONE HAS AN EXTREME MEMORY PROBLEM I CANT DELETE COOKIES. THE OPERA MINI FEATURE FOR INTERNET ACCESS OVERTLY FREEZES. I KNOW MULTIPLE PERSONS WITH THIS PHONE FROM MY AREA AND WE ALL SAY THE SAME. IVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND AN UPDATE TO MINIMIZE FREEZING OF THE PHONE AND MEMORY. THE PHONE DOESNT ALLOW WITH A SD CARD IN TO RECEIVE MEDIA PICTURES IF THERE IS OVER A 100 TEXTS. IT WILL SAY DELETE UNWANTED DATA WELL ALL MY DATA IS SAVE TO MY SD CARD AND I HAVE AN 8GB CARD AND I DONT HAVE BUT 5 SONGS IN MY MEDIA PLAYER AS WELL ALL PICTURES ARE SAVED TO MY CARD AND IT SAYS THE SAME THING (DELETE UNWANTED FILES).
Date published: 2012-02-16
Rated 2 out of 5 by Anonymous from Meh If you are looking for a simple phone for a child, elder, or someone who just wants a simple phone, then this phone MAY work, though there are definitely better options out there that are as cheap. The keyboard isn't that good, and the touch screen is essentially useless. The camera is also really bad compared to a lot of other non-smartphones. It will also turn on by itself if in a pocket, and will also activate "voice control" by itself as well. Fortunately, I recently upgraded, but a year and a half with this phone was very irkish to say the least. My older flip phone seemed to work better than this. (Note: Not all LG phones are like this from what I have heard, and they are still a good company)
Date published: 2013-07-18
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great Phone For The Price! I've had this phone since December, (about 6 months now), and I love it! It's a great feature phone. The touch screen is pretty good, camera takes decent pictures and the keyboard is really easy to text on and is very responsive. People complain about "internal memory problems"...which can EASILY be fixed by doing a software update on your phone. There are videos of it on YouTube. As long as you keep your software up to date, you'll be very happy with this device! I definitely recommend it to someone on a budget who wants something more than a boring flip phone!
Date published: 2012-06-04
Rated 1 out of 5 by Anonymous from Do Not Buy This Phone!!!! I purchased this phone Feb. 27, 2012. That being said I've had it replaced twice! Battery, phone, charger.....TWICE!!! It charged fine initially, (within the 14 days that you have to return it) than it basically sucked the last bar out and shut off. And would not turn back on. And it slips out of your hands when you slide it open and the camera doesn't take even mediocre pictures. I babysit for my grandkids and need a working phone, thank God I kept my old enV2. Never again!
Date published: 2012-04-23
Rated 3 out of 5 by Anonymous from Its okay for a Budget phone I've had mine for about 2 years, it was great the first year and then the problems started. It would randomly power itself off even after being on charge the night before. The screen has its own problems, touch the send button or replying to a text and it often wouldn't work requiring 7 or more tries to get it to respond. When I would make notes on the notepad I would hit save and come back to that note later and a whole bunch of characters that made no sense would appear. Exam, "get milk & doritos" the phone would put in behind that "get gt gt mk drots os os os eh ". The battery life was great until about 3 months ago, now it only last for about 12hrs and this isnt a smart with a bunch of Apps running on it.
Date published: 2014-01-18
Rated 1 out of 5 by Anonymous from Not user friendly The "touch" scroll feature is so frustrating, I literally HATE this phone. When texting, if a phone call comes in, the text is lost if call is answered. When texting, if a picture message comes in, the ability to receive the photo must be cancelled or you have to stop texting until the file send has been completed. You can forget seeing a picture and reading the message sent with the photo. Hitting the keys with the exact amount of pressure is necessary or keystroke is repeated numerous times OR not recognized at all. This is the most frustrating phone I have ever owned. The querty keyboard is a nice feature. The voice feature may as well not exist - it rarely understands the name I say when searching for a contact to dial. I will be very happy to never have to use this phone again.
Date published: 2013-09-20
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from It isn't that terrible It's very easy to use, I'd recommend it to a first time phone user. It is very hard to break it, hence, I've dropped it numerous times on many different types of hard surfaces. The phone only has minimal scratches and still functions well. I only have to charge the phone every three or four days if I really barely use it.
Date published: 2013-09-12
- Operating System
- Storage Capacity
- Cellular Band
- Verizon Wireless
- Camera Resolution
- Screen Size
- Lock Status
- Network Locked
- Memory Card Type
- Not Applicable
- Display: 2.8-inch WQVGA touchscreen TFT LCD display, 262K color, 400 x 240 pixels
- Customizable shortcuts ? add up to 15 shortcuts or widgets to the main home screen
- 2.0 MP camera and camcorder
- Music player for MP3, WMA, M4A, unprotected AAC, and unprotected AAC+ audio formats
- What's in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, charger, quick start guide
- Display: 2.8" WQVGA touchscreen, 262K color, 400 x 240 pixels
- Customizable shortcuts - add up to 15 shortcuts or widgets to the main home screen; 2.0 MP camera and camcorder
- Device can be used For Prepaid Verizon Wireless Service Only
- Slim, sleek, and feature-packed, the LG Extravert boasts a 2.8 inch WQVGA touch screen and QWERTY keyboard for unsurpassed messaging speed and convenience. Extravert includes a 2.0 megapixel camera, Bluetooth stereo support, customizable home screens, and a Favorites Key that enables users to connect with their most frequent contacts in a flash.
- Multiple Home Screens Dedicated to Messages, Main, and Favorite Media
- 2.8 inch WQVGA Touch Screen (262K Color, 400 x 240 Pixels)
- 4-Line QWERTY Keyboard with Dedicated Shortcut Keys
- Favorites Shortcut Key add up to 10 contacts as Favorites
- Customizable Shortcuts add up to 15 shortcuts or widgets to the Main home screen
- Music Player
- Mobile Email and IM
- Opera Web Browser
- Text to Speech
- Account Balance Display
- 2.0 Megapixel Camera / Camcorder
- My Verizon
- Text, Picture, Video, and Voice Messaging
- One-Touch Speakerphone
- 3.5mm Headset Jack
- Bluetooth wireless technology 3.0
- Hearing Aid Compatibility - M4/T4
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.