Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition (E6W-00001)
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition (E6W-00001) is rated out of 5 by 169.
Rated 4 out of 5 by unashamedgeek from Extremely portable, perfect for Surface Pro I bought this to mainly use with my Surface Pro 3 while sitting on my couch or chair in my family room. The mouse has been better than I expected. I love how portable it is when it is flat. It paired easily with my Surface and I haven't experienced any connection issues or lags at all. Plus the mouse has worked on all surfaces I've used so far including my end table, leather couch, cloth chairs, and carpeting. I only gave it 4 stars because I'm not sure I'd want to use the mouse for 9 hours a day as there is some comfort sacrificed for the portability factor. On another note, MS I'd love to see a Bluetooth trackball or Bluetooth trackpad...
Date published: 2015-06-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by euGenie from AWESOME!! I was hesitating before I got it for a long time. After all it's pretty expensive and I have touchpad in my touchcover, so do I need it? It turns out - YES!! I use it with my SPro2, mostly for Office and other work stuff. Honestly it is not necessary in Metro apps. The mouse itself works great. It's the second mouse with BlueTrack I got. They really work on virtually every surface. I love using in my bed :) Awesome thing about this one is that you can make it flat and put it in a pocket of your bag, you won't even notice that you're carrying the mouse. (I have an Incipio sleeve, it doesn't add almost anything to the thickness). Enough to say - I do not regret the (pretty big) money I spent on it.
Date published: 2014-02-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by mpopgun from Increases usability! The Surface Pro 2 is excellent for being a device in between a tablet and laptop, however add on this mouse and use WiDi, this really makes it a very capable desktop/laptop replacement. I haven't had any problems with this mouse, works just as good as the Arc Touch mouse I keep with my laptop, and I use another one on my desktop as well.
Date published: 2014-03-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by AlanTeew from Very cool hardware This is one of the simplest, coolest pieces of hardware I remember using. When curved, it's on, when flat it's off. Simple! I've never carried an external mouse either because of bulk or because of proprietary dongles. This is a Bluetooth mouse, so nothing else to carry (or lose), and it folds flat. As a mouse, it works very well.
Date published: 2014-03-28
Rated 2 out of 5 by Ren G from Arc Touch Mouse Design Flaw I've had my mouse since March, 2014. I have not used it heavily. Yesterday morning I arc'd it to use it. I heard some "snapping" and the "arc" went loose... It wouldn't work anymore. I've talked with Microsoft Support and after sending pictures of the mouse with the piece of sharp metal protruding through the casing, they said they would replace it free of charge. I've opened it up to see why it broke, since Microsoft said they didn't want it back. The copper bands (2) at the juncture of the arc were separated. Clearly, this is a design that will eventually fail in all of them. With repeated arc'ing and straightening, this juncture obviously weakened until it just snapped. Other than that, I love this little mouse! I hope they can fix the design.
Date published: 2015-01-25
Rated 4 out of 5 by Enginerd from Expensive (for a mouse) but very nice I bought my Surface 6 months ago and considered this mouse then. But, I thought it was too expensive for "just a mouse". Then, when I purchased my wife's new laptop, I decided to get. By this point, I needed a mouse because I often need pin-point control to select / manipulate things in Excel, PowerPoint, and other programs. Once I got it, I was very impressed. First, I didn't know about the touch-version of a scroll wheel. And, it has audible feedback when scrolling! But, the best feature is the flat design for storage. Having a "thick" mouse with a Surface would make no sense. When flat, it easily fits in my carrying pouch. Besides the price, the only other drawback (so far... after 1 month) is the fact that AAA batteries are needed. As a general rule, I dislike items that require disposable batteries unless they last a LONG time (like a watch). So, only time will tell with this Surface Arc Mouse if I can up my rating to 5 Stars. We're at 4 for now.
Date published: 2016-09-09
Rated 3 out of 5 by geveent from lacking software I have non-surface edition arc touch mouse, and it has so much more software configuration options, including reverse scroll option. However, this surface edition can only be configured with the software from the app store. The special configuration app for surface edition has so much less configuration options, including reverse scrolling options. The reverse scrolling makes so much more sense especially since the scroll is touch sensitive. Microsoft should update the configuration app to add more features including the reverse scrolling.
Date published: 2014-04-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Amazing, don't listen to umpy I got this as a birthday present for my Surface Pro 2 and It works amazing! It's very sleek, and small, and easy to transport. It's Bluetooth, so you don't have any extra pieces and parts to tote around. I must say however that you shouldn't get this mouse if you have anything other than a surface. People write poor reviews of this mouse only when they don't have a surface. This mouse was specifically designed for the surface and thus works amazing with it. Honestly, the people that write poor reviews of the mouse, were people who bought it for a computer other than a surface. Obviously it wasn't designed for other computers in mind as Microsoft has specifically made an Arc Mouse Surface Edition. If you're looking for a mouse that works with a laptop other than the surface, you should look elsewhere. Microsoft has plenty of portable mice options that are specifically optimized for windows 7 and windows 8.
Date published: 2014-09-14
- Comfortable, elegant and eye-catching, this mouse is designed for quick use and easy storage.
- Just curve the mouse gently to get started.
- Use BlueTrack Technology on virtually any surface, from rough wood to carpet.
- Responding precisely to the speed of your finger movement, the Touch Strip scans through documents or web pages entirely by feel.
- Choose from two ways to scroll, with your finger movement or in the opposite direction with 2-Way Touch Scrolling.
- Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Connectivity works with Surface and other (SmartReady) Bluetooth 4.0-enabled PCs and tablets.
- Enjoy the wireless, clutter-free experience of the Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition from Microsoft. Utilizing Bluetooth 4.0 technology, this mouse can wirelessly connect to your Surface device within a range of 30'. The touch strip on the Arc Touch is designed for precise movements and uses haptic feedback for vertical scrolling. BlueTrack Technology enables you to use the Arc Touch on multiple surfaces, including rough wood and carpet.Designed to be ergonomic and portable, the Arc Touch is shaped to match the natural curve of your hand. When you are on the go, the Arc flattens to fit conveniently inside your pocket or purse.
- Compatibility: All Surface devices
- Interface: Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy Compatible
- Supported Platforms: Surface with Windows RT, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8.1 and Windows 8.1 Pro
- Bluetooth Range: Up to 30' / 9.1 m
- Power Requirement: 2 x AAA batteries
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.