ThinkPad Compact Bluetooth Keyboard with TrackPoint (0B47189)
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
ThinkPad Compact Bluetooth Keyboard with TrackPoint (0B47189) is rated out of 5 by 33.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Exactly what I wanted Just got this keyboard to use with my T430s, and it's glorious. I strongly recommend it. For several years, I've used the $50 USB Lenovo trackpoint keyboard. That one is also very nice, but the page up/down is different than the T430s - switching between the two was surprisingly annoying. This keyboard is exactly the same layout as my T430s and feels very, very similar to me. Bluetooth is a slight improvement over USB as well, both for making it more portable and avoiding tangling myself in the cord when I stand up. Make sure you let it install the updated driver after you install. Otherwise, you can't set FnLk on, which I greatly prefer. So far I love this keyboard - highly recommend it.
Date published: 2013-10-04
Rated 2 out of 5 by antoniofruci from Don't buy this keyboard I bought it because I wanted to have the comfort of using the trackpoint while using an external monitor, but it is not remotely comparable to my T450s keyboard. Plus it keeps disconnecting very often and the scroll doesn't work fine in most applications. I mostly use it for writing code, and there are a lot of IDEs where I can't use the scroll function properly. It seems to be a driver issue that Lenovo refuses to fix since years. I am going to change it for the USB version that doesn't seem to be affected by these issues.
Date published: 2016-03-11
Rated 4 out of 5 by Rosemary from Love the thinkpad keyboard feel I can now use this on all my Lenovo Thinkpad laptops old an new. When I first purchased the keyboard it would only pair with my newer Lenovo work laptops. My personal laptop is much older T410, which refuses to die. The keyboard would not pair with Windows 7 on the older laptop, however once I upgraded to Windows 10 it works! I would give it a 5 if it was switchable from Bluetooth to USB as there are times when I prefer to work via Ethernet instead of wireless. Also, back-lit keyboard would work best. Otherwise good compact size and Thinkpad like keyboard. Would purchase a newer version if it had the above mentioned features.
Date published: 2016-03-05
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great product, just make it backlit This thing works very well. I use it with a Surface Pro which has worked out beautifully. The trackpoint drivers aren't perfect. In particular, the scrolling doesn't work right and is hard to activate in some programs, particularly Chrome. Sometimes it scrolls right away and sometimes you have to fiddle with where you put the cursor. The shortcut keys for volume, brightness, search, etc. work beautifully though. If they could add back-lighting and improve the scrolling drivers it would be perfect. I touch type, but it is hard to fiddle with the function keys and such in the dark.
Date published: 2014-03-15
Rated 3 out of 5 by Anonymous from Pairing issues with Surface Pro 3 I love the key action and the size. But there is a problem maintaining BT pairing with Surface Pro 3. The pairing does not seem to last after SP3 is rebooted. So when you start up your SP3, you have to uninstall the keyboard's BT connection, then reinstall. In addition, sometimes a key also will keep repeatingggggggggggggg. There seems to be a driver issue.
Date published: 2014-11-09
Rated 4 out of 5 by sarai from Works fine, but could be better Good: Works just fine and can enjoy the nice feeling of ThinkPad keyboard and track point with other devices. Bad: This keyboard remembers only one paring information. So, if you pair this keyboard with DeviceA followed by paring with DeviceB, paring information with DeviceA is lost. If you want to re-connect to DeviceA, you need to go through the pairing process again. This is not practical if you want to use this keyboard with multiple devices (such as tablet, PC, smartphone, etc.). I hope future version will remember multiple paring information and let user switch between them (like some of the Logitech products do).
Date published: 2016-09-12
Rated 3 out of 5 by Anonymous from Regret purchase I just bought this keyboard for use with my Thinkpad T420, and also with an android tablet. The keyboard is slim and sexy and quite portable, but not nearly as comfortable of an experience as with my T420-the keys feel less sturdy, feel similar to a macbook. The biggest dissapointment was that the keyboard does not work well at all with my android tablet. Most of the shortcuts do not work, and there doesn't seem to be a way to customize it.
Date published: 2013-09-24
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Overall Good, but Need to Fix the BT Connection I own two of these that I use with my HTPCs. Compared to the last keyboard I had, this one weighs half as much, is a better keyboard and as a long time ThinkPadder, the stick is great. The only real problem I have with it is the Bluetooth connection. It always stays connected, but at times it gets lethargic or if you take your finger off the stick, the pointer keeps going. Now, if I point the keyboard directly at the Bluetooth receiver, it clears right up, but I thought Bluetooth had better range. Both PCs sit less than eight feet from the keyboard. I can pair my headphones and phone, then go two rooms over and it still works well. I'd agree a backlight would make this thing just about perfect if they solve the connection problem of course. At $80 a pop, I wouldn't say it's a value proposition, but still a good value compared to the other options available right now.
Date published: 2015-03-24
- Integrated TrackPoint -- No external mouse required
- ThinkPad and Windows 8 function keys
- Quick switch to function keys and back by Fn+Esc lock
- Volume control, brightness control and other features you can find on ThinkPad laptops and ThinkCentre desktops
- Integrated battery, no more changing batteries
- Battery charging through micro USB
- Status LEDs to show power, charging and pairing status
- The ThinkPad Compact Bluetooth Keyboard with TrackPoint (0B47189) is a legendary, award-winning, full size slim keyboard in a Bluetooth version. To provide a seamless user experience, this new Island style keyboard is mirroring the same design, functions and technical specifications of the ThinkPad Compact keyboard that incorporates scissor lift key mechanism to ensure great ergonomics and comfort. Larger keys as well as more space between keys help maximize preciseness for a higher quality all day typing experience. In addition, the ThinkPad Compact keyboard features a simplified pairing with the system through Near Field Communication (NFC) tag. Simply tap and pair with an NFC-enabled system. No more changing batteries inside the keyboard ? the ThinkPad Compact keyboard features an integrated battery with over one month battery life and simple micro USB charging. It is the ideal solution to amplify any ThinkPad.
- Keyboard/Keypad Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- Keyboard/Keypad Wireless Technology: Bluetooth
- Pointing Device Type: Trackpoint
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.