Lenovo 170W ThinkPad Ultra Docking Station (40A20170US)
- New - Open Box 1 Left
- Item looks and feels new Packaging may show wear
List Price $273.99
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
Lenovo 170W ThinkPad Ultra Docking Station (40A20170US) is rated out of 5 by 18.
Rated 1 out of 5 by bseder from Bad fit for P50 and VGA/DVI Video Issues Purchased to dock a P50 laptop. The laptop does not line up with the dock, the laptop sort of fits in the middle and is hard to align. My monitor setup is 1 VGA, 1 DVI, and the laptop screen. When docked the vga monitor is blurry for about 1 minute, but thankfully clears up. The DVI monitor is either completely tinted blue or red with vertical 'squiggles' and digital noise all over the screen. I used to have a T530 and it's station plugged into the same configuration and it worked flawlessly. Before this experience I would question how someone could rate a docking station poorly, they always just worked. Not so in this case.
Date published: 2016-03-17
Rated 4 out of 5 by Stuart Y from the best dock for t440s t450s and t460s we have over 150 of these docks that we use both in our building and for external users. We have a process for all the new dock users . we first update the drives on the dock along with the bios. than we also make sure that we are running the latest firmware for the dock and any via firmware is also installed. WE also only use display port and VGA connectors on the back this also seems to get rid of video issues. The best thing about these docks is that the customer once the undock and dock the laptop we hardly have any issues. we have found that keeping the driver software and firmware with the dock up to date really cuts down our issues.
Date published: 2016-11-15
Rated 1 out of 5 by Anonymous from Buggy Lenovo is still working out the kinks on this one. The dock sends some sort of mis-formed command to my monitor over the displayport cable, which locks the U2711 up, when the x240 laptop blanks the screen to go into a power saving mode. Other users apparently have had similar problems with displays being driven by the dock; in addition to the monitor blanking the dock can also create static and jumpiness on the screen. Although Lenovo has released firmware updates for the dock, they don't fix the Lenovo bug that is hitting me.
Date published: 2014-06-06
Rated 3 out of 5 by Anonymous from Video problems Elegant design, lots of features. But I can't get better than 1920 video resolution, with grundgy quality at that. In contrast, my 3 year old Mac Mini gives perfect 2560 on my Dell U3100 using dual DVI.
Date published: 2014-06-11
Rated 1 out of 5 by dizzbuster from Think twice about purchasing.... I initially bought this to go with T440s and I have been disappointed for two years. Yes two years. Initially had problems with the video blanking when using the hdmi port on the dock. On a whim I see that there is an 05 version of the firmware. I completed the update and the hdmi video seems to be fix. But I have only used it for one day. Still have issues with audio through the hdmi port. My monitor has speakers which I would prefer to use but alas there still a problem. I have searched and searched and tried new drivers, OSs (Win7 thru Win10), new 170 watt etc. and still have problems with the audio. I can only get the correct functionality when I use the mini-display port on the side of the laptop. Tech support is also cluless.
Date published: 2016-04-17
Rated 1 out of 5 by Anonymous from Not as good as the predecessor I just got a new W540, an upgrade from the W520, and this docking station/port replicator is not as good as the previous model. I use high end CAD software and rely on having good video resolution, which was why my company got the best video card available. But this docking station only has (1) DVI port and (1) HDMI port. The previous docking station had (2) DVI and HDMI ports! Very disappointed.
Date published: 2014-11-14
Rated 1 out of 5 by Anonymous from Audio Jack Doesn't Work A continuation of my last review, "Not as good as the predecessor." As the title says, the audio jack doesn't work on this docking station. I plugged in my headphones in to the 3.5mm jack and I get nothing. I have to plug into the jack on the laptop or leave the headphones unplugged to get any sound. I have a co-worker with the same setup and she is experiencing the same issue.
Date published: 2014-11-26
Rated 1 out of 5 by Tired from Not a great product. I bought this in December and I am still having problems with the dock. I have downloaded all of the latest drivers. I lose audio unless I unplug one of my monitors. I still can't get the ethernet to connect through the dock. To the laptop, just fine but not through the dock. When reconnecting, I will not get the plugged in lenovo keyboard to work until I do a reboot.
Date published: 2016-02-11
- Compatible Brand
- For Lenovo
- Compatible Product Line
- For Lenovo ThinkPad
- Compatible Model
- 3x USB 2.0, one supports always-on USB charging
- 3x USB 3.0
- 10/1000 Gigabit Ethernet, supports enterprise manageability
- 2x DisplayPort 1.2*
- 1x DVI-D*
- 1x HDMI 1.4*
- 1x VGA*
- 1x Stereo/Mic Combo Audio Port
- Driver-free, perfect video quality
- Security Lock conveniently secures both your notebook and dock to your desk with a single key
- Physical rear alignment for a perfect dock every time
- Smaller desktop footprint vs. Series 3 docking stations
- Charges your ThinkPad with an included ThinkPad 170W AC Adapter
- The 170W ThinkPad Ultra Dock from Lenovo is a re-designed and supercharged dock, which grows in capability without growing in size. It comes with a 170W AC adapter. This docking solution comprises a wide range of video outputs, HDMI 1.4, and support for multiple external monitors to facilitate multi-tasking.
- Product Type: Docking Station
- HDMI: Yes
- DVI: Yes
- VGA: Yes
- Network (RJ-45): Yes
- DisplayPort: Yes
- Total Number of USB Ports: 6
- Number of USB 2.0 Ports: 3
- Number of USB 3.0 Ports: 3
- Connectivity Technology: Docking
- Brand Name: Lenovo
- Microphone: Yes
- Device Supported: Notebook
- Height: 2.2"
- Width: 13.6"
- Depth: 6.4"
- Product Series: 3
- Compatibility: Lenovo ThinkPad T440s 20AQ Notebook
- Manufacturer: Lenovo Group Limited
- Product Name: Ultra Dock Docking Station
- Product Line: Ultra Dock
- Manufacturer Part Number: 40A20170US
- Manufacturer Website Address: http://www.lenovo.com/us/en/
- Host Interface: Proprietary Interface
- Weight (Approximate): 2.03 lb
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.