Microsoft Surface Type Cover 2 for Microsoft Surface - Black
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
Microsoft Surface Type Cover 2 for Microsoft Surface - Black is rated out of 5 by 51.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Desmond from Must-Have for your Surface I bought this right with the purchase of my Surface and couldn't imagine not having it. It is super-thin and won't take more than a few days to get your muscle memory up to speed. I can type at around 90% of my usual WPM on my mechanical keyboard with my desktop, which I think is great for a little thing like this. My only complaint is that the track pad is OK. The mouse buttons really need to be tactile like the other keys. I ordered a Wedge touch mouse to help with extended use with certain software (like Excel and Premier Pro) and I'm very satisfied.
Date published: 2014-02-04
Rated 1 out of 5 by BobinBoston from Good keyboard, awful touchpad I bought 3 of these to go along with the 3 Surface Pro 2 computers I purchased for my business. The keyboards are very good - crisp tactile feel that helps fast typing, decent size, lightweight, good backlighting. BUT THE TOUCHPAD IS AWFUL! The fuzzy surface is like having a velour fabric cover over the touchpad. It makes it difficult to use and less accurate, and gives it a horrible touch. It is especially difficult to use the two keys on the touchpad. Every user in my company dislikes this keyboard because of the touchpad. Every user is carrying a portable mouse to use in place of the touchpad, which defeats the portability benefits of the Surface Pro 2.
Date published: 2014-02-11
Rated 4 out of 5 by Bryan3471 from Exactly what I expected I have a larger (15.6 inch) laptop that is great for around the house, but it dominates the smaller tables at coffee shops. Because of this, I'd been thinking about adding a second notebook; something more like an ultra light. After some research, I picked up the Type Cover 2 instead for the Surface I already owned. There were many reviewers that said the touchpad is of poor quality. Yes, it isn't ideal, however I find that it gets the job done well enough. The keyboard itself is good though a bit small for my man hands (not surprising based on the physical size of the Surface), but I found I am adjusting to it well enough. The bottom line is that I am happy with the investment and would definitely purchase the cover again.
Date published: 2015-01-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by surfacelove from Brilliant Keyboard I purchased the first gen Surface Pro with Type Cover and then upgraded to the Surface Pro 2 with Type Cover 2 when that was released. I enjoyed the first gen Type Cover and wasn't sure that it could be much improved upon, but I must say that the Type Cover 2 is a major improvement over the gen one version. The key feel is very nice. The keys have a short throw, which I thought would be a problem, but it actually works better than gen one. I love the backlighting as well and the motion sensing ability that turns off backlighting when you aren't using the keyboard. Other than function keys, I can type just as fast on the TC2 as I can on a full-sized keyboard. Flying through an Excel model, using CTRL, ALT, Function keys, etc., isn't as fast, but for regular typing it's a great experience.
Date published: 2014-02-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by rpaliwal from An absolute must have for every Surface owner I can't imagine having a Surface 2 without a Type Cover 2. The keys feel great and it doubles as a very effective case. The trackpad is decent but could use some improvement (having a Macbook Pro raised the standard for trackpads), especially the scrolling which isn't as smooth as I would have liked. But overall, it's a great buy. I just wish it wasn't so expensive, it's a bit overpriced
Date published: 2014-02-25
Rated 4 out of 5 by Azraelle from Nice keyboard for serious work I originally opted for the Touch Cover bundled with my Surface. What a mistake that was. The Type Cover is sooo much nicer. I can work on my novels anywhere I go, write up e-mails and product reviews as quickly as on a regular USB keyboard. Like laptop keyboards, I miss not having a numeric keypad, but that's just a nit-pick. The reason I didn't give 5 stars is that the trackpad at the bottom really gets in the way. Good thing I Googled instructions on how to disable it. On-screen swiping does about 90% the work of a mouse, and if I really need the trackpad, I can always re-enable it in the Control Panel. Just wish there was a quick way to turn it on and off.
Date published: 2014-05-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ceej13 from You have to at least try it! I like my Type Cover 2 w/ backlighting. I also have a Bluetooth keyboard that I can easily use with my Surface Pro. But the Type Cover 2 makes a great cover. I love the 2-finger utilization of the trackpad like the scroll/zoom feature, swipe to show charms or opened apps, etc. Just like using the touchscreen. I didn't like the trackpad buttons, but I did like the fact that you can still left-click by tapping the pad with 2 fingers. I am the type of person that likes to feel the buttons pressed. So this was perfect for me. If you are still not sure if it is for you, you really should go out and try it out for yourself.
Date published: 2014-04-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by Beruda from Great Additon to my Surface I've wanting this surface cover for awhile. I bought my surface in 2012 so I'm glad I finally was able to get this type cover. It has been very useful and easy to use.
Date published: 2016-05-13
- Enjoy the speed and functionality of a classic laptop keyboard, with illuminated keys to help you continue working even after the lights go out.
- Choose from black, cyan, purple and magenta to make your Surface even more vibrant.
- Navigate Windows easily with Windows shortcut keys.
- The built-in trackpad gives you the touch screen experience, without having to take your hands off the keyboard.
- When you?re not working, close the cover to shut down your display and help protect your screen from bumps and scratches.
- Touch Cover 2 works great with your Microsoft Surface tablet and offers amazingly responsive keyboard packed with Mechanical and Function Keys.
- Capacitive-Sensing Trackpad; guarantees impressive navigation performance.
- Protect and navigate your Surface 2 with the Microsoft Type Cover 2. Get the same super-thin lightweight design of the original Type Cover. It features a Qwerty keyboard, full row of Function keys, Windows shortcut keys, media controls and a trackpad, providing plenty of options to navigate your Surface. Type Cover 2 is backlit so you can work in any lighting conditions. With the speed and comfort of a classic keyboard in a super-thin, lightweight design, you can truly work anywhere, anytime. Work like you always have in even more places. Type Cover 2 has the speed and functionality of a classic laptop keyboard. It's backlit so you can continue working after the lights go out. Easy attach and disconnect lets you set up and get going right away.
- Brand: Microsoft
- Model: N7W-00001
- Case Type: Keyboard/Cover Case
- Color: Black
- Style: Backlit Keyboard
- Microsoft Surface Keyboard
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.