LG 34" UltraWide LED LCD Monitor (34UM95)
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
LG 34" UltraWide LED LCD Monitor (34UM95) is rated out of 5 by 31.
Rated 3 out of 5 by Anonymous from Good monitor - insufficient software The monitor is very nice - works well and has a great picture and pretty good sound. However, the software supplied to permit automatically splitting the screen into halves and quarters does not work with Windows 8 running on a 64 bit system. I spent nearly an hour today on a chat line with LG trying to find out why they are still advertising that it does. No good response. Their only answer - go to Microsoft support for a fix. LG is aware of the problem but not telling customers in advance. After one fails several times following their instructions and then calls in they let you know. My recommendation - wait to see if they can work out the issue and then let the customers know.
Date published: 2014-10-01
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Works great - exactly what I was looking for. I purchased this monitor to replace 2 monitors and was looking for something that had similar characteristics as my desktop monitor. As a developer I need at lot of apps running and visible as one large desktop. The monitor was super easy to set up - just attached the HDMI cable and turned it on. I was planning on using the mini display port but didn't have a cable (they should pack one with the monitor). The HDMI cable worked so I just went with that. Everything was perfect for about a month. And then, every once in a while, the monitor will go completely black for about 5-10 seconds and then resume working again. Distracting to say the least.
Date published: 2014-09-20
Rated 5 out of 5 by Moogle92 from Review from a Gamer Gamer here. Using this monitor right now while writing the review. I have tried many monitors of all sizes and resolutions, and even used a TV as a pc monitor for a while (big mistake). So let me be clear: This is the best I've ever tried. Some people are always not sure whether to choose an IPS panel for gaming, or a TN panel with 120hz or 144hz. Well, I know how I feel regarding that, I choose IPS always and forever. I bought an X-Rite EODIS3 i1Display Pro and it goes wonderfully with it. With an Nvidia GPU, I can raise the Digital Vibrance in the Nvidia Control Panel to get more vibrant colors, especially awesome for skin tones. Watching movies, tv shows, and gaming hasn't looked better. The Ultra wideness is amazing in FPS and Strategy Games. Price should be the only reason to make you think twice, so if it's not within your budget then start saving because I did, and I don't regret it.
Date published: 2014-08-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by DREguy from Love this Monitor. This is a great monitor. I use the monitor to play Call of Duty Advance Warfare and having the additional screen size makes all the difference. Very clear and detailed. You will need a very good video card to take advantage of what this monitor can do. If you are a gamer, this is the monitor for you. My only problem is my son keeps on using my computer even though he has dual monitors on his computer. I have also has done film editing on the my computer using the 37" monitor and the ability to have multi windows open is very useful. This is the best monitor I have every owned. I bought it at Frys and got a great deal.
Date published: 2015-05-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Once you live with it, you can't live without it The quality of this monitor is outstanding. For a working designer constantly immersed in two to five Creative Cloud apps at a time, the flexibility of a single ultrawide monitor is perfect. This replaced a dual display setup that I've used for years and thought I'd never change, but where two monitors provide plenty of screen real estate, it's FIXED real estate. Not only do I have a lot more desk space now (real and virtual), I can make side-by-side windows any proportion I like. For a super-wide document (e.g. a billboard, or a long fold-out brochure) I can use the full screen and view the entire document at a humane size with no bezels to interfere. It's life-changing. Srsly. Color and overall display quality are immaculate. It's astonishingly better than I expected, and like I said in the headline, now that I've lived with it for a while, I couldn't live without it.
Date published: 2015-08-01
Rated 4 out of 5 by carloverthepond from Nice display works great with my Mac! Very nice monitor looks great on my Mac. Only issue is light bleed on the bottom of the monitor, lower plastic bezel is just too tight and pinches the lcd. I own the LG 29EA93 also this screen seems massive in comparison.
Date published: 2014-05-20
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Much better than the apple 27" Love the style and function. I use Citrix with several windows open and the software from LG giving split screen options is spot on for me.. Looks much better than my wife's apple panel and she really likes the hight to width vs her thunder bold display.. We are currently trying to sell her display and will buy another LG for her.
Date published: 2014-10-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Once set-up, you magically forget about the price I was working on two 23" 1080p 16:9 screens for a couple years and my work habits grew to fit the extra width that provided. The biggest complaint I had was the horrible black bezel that sat dead center in my line of sight. After much deliberation I decided to "bite the bullet" and order this display. I can safely say it is well worth the money. There's no distortion from lame Windows scaling, the colors are beautiful, and the best part is...no black bar down the center.
Date published: 2015-04-19
- Screen Size
- Aspect Ratio
- Display Technology
- LED LCD
- Max. Resolution
- Contrast Ratio
- UltraWide format provides additional real estate for you to multitask or watch multiple inputs at once.
- Ultra QHD (3440x1440) resolution provides the additional resolution you have been looking for.
- Dual-link fuctionality allows you to view two separate inputs at the same time.
- HDMI, Display Port, USB 3.0, and Thunderbolt 2 inputs allow you to connect to all your devices.
- The gorgeous Cinema Screen design with integrated 7W speakers look stunning on or off.
- Multitask with ease, view movies, play games, and more with the 34UM94-P 34" UltraWide 21:9 LED Backlit IPS Monitor from LG. This UltraWide display features a 21:9 aspect ratio designed to allow you to do more. Partition the display into two or four different quadrants allowing you to carry out separate tasks in each window. In addition to multitasking, the 3440 x 1440 QHD resolution ensures your movies and games are rendered with enhanced clarity and quality. The IPS display offers enhanced 178 horizontal and vertical viewing angles to ensure everyone is able to get in on the viewing.
- Panel Type: IPS
- Panel Size: 34" / 86.4 cm class (34" measured diagonally)
- Color Gamut (CIE1931): sRGB 99%
- Color Depth: 8-bit+FRC, 1.07 billion colors
- Pixel Pitch (HxV): 0.2325 x 0.2325 mm
- Aspect Ratio: 21:9
- Native Resolution : 3440 x 1440
- Brightness: 320 cd/m
- Contrast Ratio: 1,000:1
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 5,000,000:1
- Power Type: Adapter
- Power Supply: 100-240 V
- Power Save/Sleep Mode (Max): 1.2 W
- Normal On (EPA 6.0): 56 W
- Normal On (Typical): 80 W
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.