Lenovo ThinkPad Ultra Dock 90W US (40A20090US)
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
Lenovo ThinkPad Ultra Dock 90W US (40A20090US) is rated out of 5 by 22.
Rated 1 out of 5 by Anonymous from One issue after another In addition to the monitor issues described by other reviewers I have found that certain USB hardware (usually printers, Keyboard and even a Webcam) plugged into the the USB3.0 ports on the Ultradock are causing several X240 Thinkpads to automatically boot up immediately after a controlled shutdown. As soon as the USB devices are moved to any of the 3 other USB2.0 ports the laptop will shut down successfully. The 3 Ultradocks in question have received the newest Firmware updates. The Performance and Features are good as long as you do not need to rely on those 3 extra USB3.0 ports.
Date published: 2014-07-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Works Great! After reading other reviews on this site I was nervous to purchase this docking station. However, there were no really other good options. After having successfully used this dock for a while now, I felt compelled to write this review. Perhaps the negative reviews lowered my expectations. It has been working perfectly for me. I have had no problems at all. It has a nice small profile, and adds more ports than one could ever use. It seems well made, pretty rugged. I do think it is a little overpriced for what it does though. Overall, I'm very satisfied with this purchase.
Date published: 2015-06-01
Rated 1 out of 5 by Anonymous from Charging station is a better name I have tried two different ThinkPad Ultra Dock stations among 4 monitors and 7 cables. All external monitors flicker when connected using DP, HDMI. HDMI finally went out completely so I downgraded to VGA connection and it has been stable so far for a week. I'm hoping the DVI port will not start flickering or die like DP and HDMI ports have. Only some USB ports are functional. The "features" are great, except the part about them not being functional. The only thing this junk actually does with any degree of reliability is charge the laptop.
Date published: 2015-05-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great addition to T440s I purchased the Ultra Dock for the sole purpose of connecting my ThinkPad T440s to two external monitor. The docks has performed amazingly well. I am able to connected two 1920x1080 monitor to the dock using DisplayPort and continue to use the T440s monitor all at the same time. The three (3) USB 3.0 ports are great and the charging port is great for my cellphone. The dock can support up to three (3) external monitor simultaneously but one has to be VGA or it can support two (2) external and the built in display.
Date published: 2013-11-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Excellent! I too was apprehensive about using this dock as many of the reviews are quite negative. Fortunately, my experience has been very positive. I use this dock with a Lenovo T540p running Ubuntu 15.04. While at work, it spends most of its time on the dock but I do occasionally undock for meetings. All monitors and USB devices connect/disconnect without issue.
Date published: 2015-07-20
Rated 1 out of 5 by Anonymous from totally marginal product displays flickering, marginal connections to Ethernet, USB lock ups. Firmware updates from Lenovo do not solve problem. IBM tech support is oblivious to problem or basically has no solution. Rumors that voodoo of using a higher wattage power supply helps ameliorate the issues. Consistent with my conclusion that the problem is marginal timing or voltage in the chip in this thing. Wastes a half hour of my day every day.
Date published: 2014-09-24
Rated 1 out of 5 by Anonymous from Thanks Lenovo! I appreciate you all making a dock that has so many problems. All of these problems keep a dispatch tech like me in business. A great example is when I have to constantly go to a users location to order and replace this thing because keyboard doesn't seem to stay turned on when logging into windows. Yes, I have unplugged it and replugged it but only to have it not get recognized. Keep it up!
Date published: 2014-08-12
Rated 3 out of 5 by Anonymous from Needs FW Update Again. DP1.2 Flickers Running a 4K monitor through the DisplayPort. Screen flickers when first powered on. Unplugging then replugging DP cable fixes the situation... until you next power off, go to sleep mode, etc.. This happened in a different way before (a 1920 screen would randomly shutdown), and the firmware from April 2014 fixed that. Otherwise, nice port options, easy to use, and reliable.
Date published: 2014-09-04
- Three USB 2.0 & USB 3.0 Ports
- HDMI 1.4, DVI-D, & VGA Port
- 10/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Port
- Two DisplayPort 1.2 Ports
- Stereo/Mic Combo Audio Port
- 90W ThinkPad AC Adapter Included
- With the horsepower to drive mobile workstations, the completely re-designed and supercharged ThinkPad Ultra Dock grows capability without growing in size. The ultimate docking solution includes a wide range of video outputs, including HDMI, and support for multiple external monitors so you can multi-task like never before. The 90W ThinkPad Ultra Dock from Lenovo is a re-designed and supercharged dock, which grows in capability without growing in size. It comes with a 90W AC adapter. This docking solution comprises a wide range of video outputs, including HDMI 1.4, and support for multiple external monitors to facilitate multi-tasking.
- ThinkPad L540, L560, P50s, T440p, T460p, T540p, T550, T560, X240, X250, X260, and the ThinkPad W550s.
- Also compatible with the following DualCore ThinkPad Models with Integrated Graphics: L440, L450, L460, T440, T440s, T450, T450s, T460, T460p, T460s.
- Not recommended if the system AC adapter is 170W.
- Product Type: Docking Station
- HDMI: Yes
- DVI: Yes
- VGA: Yes
- Network (RJ-45): Yes
- DisplayPort: Yes
- Total Number of USB Ports: 6
- Number of USB 2.0 Ports: 3
- Number of USB 3.0 Ports: 3
- Connectivity Technology: Docking
- Brand Name: Lenovo
- Microphone: Yes
- Device Supported: Notebook
- Height: 2.2"
- Width: 13.6"
- Depth: 6.4"
- Compatibility: Lenovo ThinkPad T440S 20AQ Notebook
- Manufacturer: Lenovo Group Limited
- Product Name: ThinkPad Ultra Dock - 90W US
- Product Line: Ultra Dock
- Manufacturer Part Number: 40A20090US
- Manufacturer Website Address: http://www.lenovo.com/us/en/
- Host Interface: Proprietary Interface
- Weight (Approximate): 2.03 lb
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.