Apple 12" MacBook 8GB 256GB Mac x OS 10.10 Yosemite (MF855LL/A)
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
- Pure invention.
We designed the new MacBook to be not only thinner and lighter, but more functional and intuitive than ever before. To do that, we couldn't just shave a millimetre here, a gram there. So we started from scratch, reinventing each essential element as part of a singular, deceptively simple design. It's everything there is to love about Mac. In its purest form ever.
A keyboard reimagined from A to Z.
From the beginning, our goal was to design a full, uncompromising Mac experience. And a full-size keyboard is an essential part of that. In order to fit a full-size keyboard in the incredibly thin MacBook, we designed the keyboard from the ground up. Each component has been rethought specifically for the new MacBook, from the underlying mechanism to the curvature of the surface of each key to the distinctive new typeface. The result is a keyboard dramatically thinner than its predecessor. Now when your finger strikes the key, it goes down and bounces back with a crisp, consistent motion that makes typing with precision a breeze.
Traditional keyboards use a scissor mechanism, which tends to wobble around the edges. This creates a lack of precision when you strike anywhere except the centre of the key. We needed to reduce key wobbling for a keyboard this thin; otherwise, striking a key off-centre could result in the keycap hitting bottom before a keystroke registers. So we designed an entirely new butterfly mechanism, which is wider than the scissor mechanism and has a single assembly made from a stiffer material - allowing for a more stable, responsive key that takes up less vertical space. This innovative design improves stability, uniformity and control - no matter where you press on the key.
The redesigned keys on the new MacBook feature a larger surface area, a thinner construction and a deeper curvature, creating a more defined space for your fingertip to naturally find and press the keys. These refinements may be subtle, but the feel is distinct and intuitive. Combined with the butterfly mechanism, this new design allows for much greater control when typing.
When we set out to design an incredibly thin keyboard, one of the first things we considered was how to backlight the keys in a way that took up less space while delivering an even cleaner and more refined look and feel. To do that, we removed the row of LEDs and the light guide panel that distributed light throughout the keyboard and instead placed an individual LED under each key. These LEDs are calibrated for uniform brightness, so every key and character looks clear and sharp with minimal light around the keycap. All while being engineered for as much energy efficiency as possible.
3 million pixels.
0.88 millimetres. Razor sharp.
The 12-inch Retina display on the new MacBook isn't just picture perfect - it's also paper thin. In fact, at just 0.88 millimetres, it's the thinnest Retina display ever on a Mac. A specially developed automated manufacturing process forms the impossibly thin edge-to-edge glass that's only 0.5 millimetres thick. And we reduced the space between display components for a tighter, more integrated design.
To deliver the gorgeous Retina experience on the sleek new MacBook, we had to innovate on every level, right down to the pixel. So we redesigned the pixels to create a larger aperture, allowing more light to pass through. This enabled us to use LED backlighting that's 30 per cent more energy efficient than the Retina display on any other Mac notebook, yet still achieve the same level of vivid brightness.<
- Product Type: Notebook
- Processor Core: Dual-core (2 Core)
- Environmentally Friendly: Yes
- Flash Memory Capacity: 256 GB
- Processor Manufacturer: Intel
- Graphics Controller Manufacturer: Intel
- Graphics Controller Model: HD Graphics 5300
- Bluetooth: Yes
- Wireless LAN: Yes
- Graphics Memory Accessibility: Shared
- Maximum Battery Run Time: 10 Hour
- Backlight Technology: LED
- DisplayPort: Yes
- Product Family: MacBook
- Total Number of USB Ports: 1
- Keyboard Backlight: Yes
- Front Camera/Webcam: Yes
- Operating System Platform: Mac OS
- Keyboard Localization: English
- Color: Silver
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- Brand Name: Apple
- Processor Speed: 1.10 GHz
- Processor Type: Core M
- Screen Size: 12"
- Aspect Ratio: 16:10
- Screen Resolution: 2304 x 1440
- Standard Memory: 8 GB
- Weight (Approximate): 2.03 lb
- Environmental Certification: ENERGY STAR 6.1,EPEAT Gold
- Graphics Memory Technology: LPDDR3
- Display Screen Technology: Retina Display,In-plane Switching (IPS) Technology
- Wireless LAN Standard: IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Number of USB 3.1 Ports: 1
- Height: 0.5"
- Width: 11"
- Depth: 7.7"
- Memory Technology: LPDDR3
- Manufacturer: Apple, Inc
- Product Model: MF855LL/A
- Product Name: 12-inch MacBook 256GB - Silver
- Product Line: MacBook
- Input Voltage: 120 V AC,230 V AC
- Manufacturer Part Number: MF855LL/A
- Manufacturer Website Address: http://www.apple.com
- Battery Chemistry: Lithium Polymer (Li-Polymer)
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.