Lenovo Flex 2 15.6" Touch Laptop i3 1.9GHz 6GB 500GB Windows 8.1(59425111)
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
Lenovo Flex 2 15.6" Touch Laptop i3 1.9GHz 6GB 500GB Windows 8.1(59425111) is rated out of 5 by 58.
Rated 1 out of 5 by Anonymous from Fatal Error I bought this laptop on July 28, 2014. I initially enjoyed it quite a bit. The price point for an i5 processor with 6GB of RAM, and the flexible touch screen was great! It had an excellent spec sheet, and it lived up to those specs admirably for the 8 weeks it was operable. However, after 8 weeks I got this error message on boot: 104-Unsupported wireless network device detected. System Halted. Remove device and restart. I did not try to upgrade the wireless firmware or hardware. When I disabled the wireless hardware in the BIOS the laptop booted up fine. However, when I re-enabled the wireless hardware I got the error message again.
Date published: 2014-10-21
Rated 1 out of 5 by DisappointedLoyalCustomer from Cannot add Extended Warrenty I had purchased Flex 1 earlier and had to return it due to high pitch fan noise. But I am a fan of Lenovo products and wanted to give them another chance. Once Flex 2 came out, I wanted to purchase a 15 inch model. For some reason, these models does not come with Extended Warranty. The Chat support team was not much helpful either, as they were not able to add extended warranty to the cart or place the order for me. I guess they need better training. Hence holding out on the purchase for now :( It won't be long before a long time lenovo loyal customer could move to other brands. Samsung is tempting me verymuch...
Date published: 2014-06-06
Rated 2 out of 5 by Samuel from Missing a lot of features?! I was expecting a lot more from the Flex2 series, especially after the news release back in April. I thought the specs were customizable as I had been led to believe. But turned out they are not?! I was able to get the Full HD model, which apparently is not being offered at the moment. Screen resolution was the most important feature for me, after processor speed. I also was expecting to be able to have option to add discrete Nvidia graphics card but apparently that is not the case?! Is Lenovo going to offer customizable Flex2 models? Overall the performance is good. But I am disappointed by the disconnect between what was announced/advertised, and what is actually offered.
Date published: 2014-06-19
Rated 1 out of 5 by david z from poor quality, poor design, not user friendly This is least satisfying laptop purchase I ever made and I regret it. My soundcard died in less than a year and Lenovo service first tried to convince me wipe out my hard drive and reload the software. When I finally convinced them it was a hardware problem and under warranty, I had to pay shipping to service. But there are lots of irritating and non-user friendly features starting with the touch screen everyone complains about. I eventually had to disable the touch screen and always use a wireless mouse. The audio jack is non-standard so the earbuds I use with my phone don’t work. And the software defaults to lenovo versions such as its photo viewer which are inferior products.
Date published: 2016-01-25
Rated 2 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great when it's working, but that's not often I bought this laptop before leaving for college, and w/n a week it had died and needed to be replaced. The replacement has had it's own host of problems over the year, but I've just tried to deal with them. Recently it has started turning itself off when not connected to power, even though the battery of full. Also, recently the power cord stopped working unless the cord is kept in a certain position. I love the features on the laptop, but I wish the product was more reliable. I don't recommend this product. For the amount I paid, I expected this computer to last more than a year, but it looks like I will be looking for another new laptop this summer, and it will not be a Lenovo.
Date published: 2015-05-09
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Got backlit keyboard! I got a flex 2 (model 59RF1743) from outlet. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it has backlit keyboard. I have chatted with online sales asking them about how can I tell if a model has this feature because some list some do not say one way or the other, the answer was if the online specs did not list then it's not available. Well, if the specs of this model shows it has backlit keyboard I would have purpose it long ago. So far the only inconvenience I have is the lack of double tapping on touchpad to bring up context menu. It requires a hard click. Seems like Lenovo can get a better touchpad driver.
Date published: 2015-04-16
Rated 4 out of 5 by Snugwugs from Portable and decent I bought this thing a couple of weeks ago. It certainly has its share of flaws, but I appreciate it. For one thing, the touchpad will occasionally stop working, and I am forced to use tho touch screen. This started happening as soon as I began updating it. Another thing is that it was advertized as having a free upgrade to windows 10, but when I tried to get the windows 10 app, it told me my computer wasn't elligible. I managed to use the media creation tool and am now running 10. Occaisionally this thing will freeze up, but I just think it has personality. It was worth the 450 I paid for it.
Date published: 2015-11-04
Rated 2 out of 5 by Anonymous from Will Not Buy a Lenovo again I purchased a Lenovo Flex 2 when it was on sale for $499. As a teacher, the price was great. I had read other reviews about Lenovo's and most were hits or misses. I decided to give it a shot. 1. My screen freezes on me. 2. My DVD drive will work one day and not the other. 3. Touchpad will sometimes turn off. 4. Half of the time it takes a while to load items. 5. I have to keep resetting my router because I loose my internet connection. I bought a new router, its my computer. Right now I have no choice to keep it but in a few months I will sell it for another laptop. I have heard great things about Asus, and I had a Toshiba and Samsung that worked great. I will buy one of those but not a lenovo.
Date published: 2015-08-14
- 15.6? LED-backlit HD touchscreen display (1366x768)
- Adjustable hinge transforms from laptop to stand
- Intel Core i3-4030U 1.9GHz dual-core processor
- 6GB RAM
- 500GB hard drive
- Windows 8.1 operating system
- Bluetooth with 30? range
- Unleash your creativity with the Dual Mode design. The Flex 2 converts instantly from laptop mode to stand mode and back. Stand mode gives you easy access to the touch screen display, is supported at a comfortable viewing angle. And what s more, the screen opens a full 300 . Features a versatile HD 1366 x 768 LED backlight 15.6 touch screen display with 10 point multi touch support. LED backlighting gives you a thinner, more energy efficient screen. 6GB of memory runs your programs. 500GB hard drive holds your songs, photos and documents. Wireless N 802.11b g n provides high performance, cable free networking and is fully compatible with 802.11b g. Access your wireless devices to share files, surf the Web and exchange email. You also have a wired connection available. Features a 2 in 1 memory card for file transfers made fast and easy. Use the HDMI port to view videos and photos on your HDTV. HDMI cable is sold separately. USB 3.0 port enables ultra fast data transfers up to 10 times f
- Operating System: Windows 8.1
- Processor : Intel Core i3-4030U
- Processor Speed: 1.90 GHz
- Hard drive: 500GB
- RAM: 6GB
- Memory Type: DDR3 SDRAM
- Screen Size: 15.6 inches
- Max Screen Resolution: 1366 x 768
- USB Port: 1 USB 3.0 port , Two USB 2.0 ports
- Wireless connectivity: 802.11b/g/n; Bluetooth 4.0
- Display: LED-backlight touch-screen
- Optical drive: DVD
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.