Samsung 11.6" Chromebook 2 2.16GHz 16GB - Metallic Silver (XE500C12-K01US)
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
Samsung 11.6" Chromebook 2 2.16GHz 16GB - Metallic Silver (XE500C12-K01US) is rated out of 5 by 122.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mike from Quick connection and seamless internet browsing:)
Date published: 2016-08-05
Rated 4 out of 5 by chromeCC from The small and sleek chromebook 2....... The chromebook is much more internet ready than I expected. Its' online chrome connection is stronger and thus far more reliable than its' predecessor. The chromebook 2's stunningly enhanced leather binder makes the outside of the computer more appealing to the professional manager as well as the fashion guru or anyone in between. The only problem I encounter out of the box was the amount of pressure to apply on the power cord jack. Maybe you could instruct the consumers to press with an ample amount of pressure the first time the try to use there new power cord for there chromebook 2. Overall, I have been satisfied with the chomebook 2 for the 3 day I have owned it..
Date published: 2016-02-07
Rated 4 out of 5 by Abssls from Works for me The Samsung Chromebook 2 is great for what it is. If you're looking for a device for things like school, or entertainment, you cant go wrong with a Chromebook. It's not quite a PC but it gets the job done. There's plenty of apps available that work just as smoothly as Windows programs. As far as hardware you can't purchase a device this nice at this price point. I am completely satisfied with mine so far. As far as being a browser based device, and the fact that most app wont operate without a wifi connection, I've had no problem with. Its harder to find a place without wifi than it is to find wifi.
Date published: 2016-03-20
Rated 5 out of 5 by SamsungLover2121 from Very lightweight and convenient for college students. This Samsung Chromebook is amazing. Especially for college students. It's very lightweight, so you don't have to worry about having to leave it behind at home because it's too heavy. Super fast Intel processor and very convenient for school when you have to type up papers. The only downfall I've come across with this Chromebook is that it is only supported by Google Printers. You cannot print via Bluetooth on printers that are not google printers. The solution to this although that I have found is that you can still save your work onto a USB Drive and pop in the USB Drive to a computer/laptop connected to a printer and you can open up the document and print it from there. Overall, this product is great.
Date published: 2016-06-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by GTPjr from Samsung Chromebook 2 I just used my Chromebook 2 for the first time today. It worked fine. I really like the size and look forward to traveling with it. The only concern that I have so far is printing. I am currently using cloud print which sends documents to the cloud then to my windows computer then the windows computer sends the document to the printer. While this process is fast, I have to have my windows computer on in order to print. Otherwise, the document will not print until I turn on the windows computer. I would like to know how to print directly from my chromebook to the printer.
Date published: 2015-12-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by Orca7515 from Delivers what it promises I have had my Chromebook for 2 months now and I am very impressed by it. The vulnerabilities of Windows made using it for basic browsing a cumbersome experience. The size of the Samsung Chromebook 2 is perfect for using around the house. It is light weight and display size is perfect for light browsing. My only complaint would be the lack of a back lit keyboard. Start up is fast and constant updates from google means there is no need to buy anti spyware add ons. Battery life is excellent from my experience. The extra 2GB of RAM is great when you have multiple tabs open
Date published: 2016-01-30
Rated 3 out of 5 by TheFisher from Why it's Good and What it Needs The Chromebook is a good personal laptop / tablet. It lacks the features of most laptops but it also has more features than a standard tablet. It's great for personal use if you're going on things like Facebook Twitter Google it's great. Its compact easy to carry around and lightweight. It is fast when online. Your also able to download apps but you can only download app from chrome. Also there are certain web sites you can't visit. If it had a touch screen that would make for the down falls but all together its a good price for what it is.
Date published: 2015-12-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ypedraza from Samsung Chromebook 2 11.6'' I have never had a computer before because I have never had the resources to buy one. I knew I wanted to by a Samsung computer but I was not sure what I was looking for. I have also known that the more data you save into a laptop the slower they become, and that was one problem I was looking to eliminate from the beginning. I started to look into Samsung Chromebooks because they do not have a drive, and all of your data gets saved into Google Drive which is a massive cloud storage. This Samsung Chromebook has met all of my expectations. I can surf through the internet with out any problems, it is very fast and it downloads and uploads to the cloud very fast. I do believe it is the best device I have ever used for internet research and online surfing.
Date published: 2016-03-08
- Screen Size
- Product Line
- Processor Type
- Intel Core 2
- Processor Speed
- Graphics Processing Type
- Integrated/On-Board Graphics
- Hard Drive Capacity
- Operating System Edition
- Not Applicable
- Operating System
- Chrome OS
- 2.16 GHz Intel Celeron N2840 Dual-Core
- 2GB of Onboard 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM
- 16GB of eMMC Flash Storage
- Integrated Intel HD Graphics
- 11.6" Matte LED-Backlit Display
- 1366 x 768 Native Resolution
- MicroSD Card Slot
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
- Built-in Webcam, Microphone, & Speakers
- Chrome OS
- The metallic silver XE500C12-K01US 11.6" Chromebook 2 Computer from Samsung is designed for a Web-optimized experience. With a simpler and more secure user interface than regular notebook computers, this Samsung Chromebook 2 features a fast and easy online experience.
- The 11.6" widescreen display is backlit with LED lights for low power consumption and high energy efficiency. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution, which can play 720p HD content without letterboxing. The screen has an anti-reflective matte finish so it can be used in brightly-lit environments. The Chromebook 2 can also output video to an external display via the HDMI port.
- Measuring just 0.66" thin and weighing in at 2.65 pounds, the compact design provides portability without compromising functionality and performance. It has a leather-like design for an added stylish finish. It can also boot up in less than 10 seconds and resumes instantly so you can load your favorite websites and social networks quickly and smoothly.
- The system is powered by a 2.16 GHz Intel Celeron N2840 processor. It also has 2GB of onboard DDR3L RAM, 16GB of eMMC flash storage, a microSD card reader, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, a TPM security module, a security lock slot, an integrated webcam, and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers.
- Google Chrome OS is a Linux-based operating system designed by Google to work exclusively with web applications. The Samsung Chromebook 2 combines the aspects of a pure cloud client with the hardware of a traditional portable computer, which puts it in its very own class of netbook and notebook computers.
- Processor: 2.16 GHz Intel Celeron N2840 Dual-Core
- Cache: L2: 1 MB
- Memory: Onboard Type: 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM; Installed: 2 GB; Capacity: 2 GB
- Graphics Card: Type: Integrated; Installed: Intel HD Graphics
- Display Type: Widescreen
- Size: 11.6"
- Backlight: LED
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Finish: Antiglare
- Native Resolution: 1366 x 768
- Brightness: 200cd/m2
- Hard Drive: Installed: 16 GB ; Type: Flash Storage
- Optical Drive: None
- Ports: 1x USB 3.0 (A); 1x USB 2.0 (A)
- Display: 1x HDMI
- Audio: Integrated Stereo Speakers; Integrated Microphone; 1x 1/8" (3.5 mm) Headphone/Microphone Combo Jack
- Flash Media Slot: 1x microSD
- Wi-Fi: 802.11ac
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0
- Webcam : Yes; 720p Video
- Operating System: Chrome OS
- Security: Infineon TPM Software Professional Package, Kensington Lock Slot
- Keyboard: Keys: 74; Type: Standard Notebook Keyboard
- Pointing Device: TouchPad with Multi-Touch Control
- Battery: 2-Cell Built-In Lithium-Polymer Providing up to 9 Hours per Charge (4080 mAh)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 11.4 x 0.6 x 8.1" / 29.0 x 1.5 x 20.6 cm
- Weight: 2.65 lb / 1.20 kg
- Packaging Info
- Package Weight 4.4 lb
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.