Samsung 11.6" Chromebook 3 1.6Ghz 2GB 16GB Chrome OS (XE500C13-K01US)
Samsung 11.6" Chromebook 3 1.6Ghz 2GB 16GB Chrome OS (XE500C13-K01US) is rated out of 5 by 74.
Rated 4 out of 5 by hollykay from Best of the Inexpensive Laptops! Considering the cost of this laptop, it really does everything I need. The only downside I've experienced is it getting laggy if you have too many tabs open, but it isn't too noticeable. If you can get behind the concept of a chromebook, this one is a great machine. I wanted something to part-time use for work (ordering, spreadsheet , ect) and partly use for free writing, and have had no issues with either. The screen size being small isn't the best for entertainment, but really isn't all bad. Battery life is pretty excellent, can stream movies or tv for 6-8 hours or more with no trouble, though the speakers aren't super loud. Still, I'm happy!
Date published: 2016-06-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by BanannaM from Great Computer for My Needs I was hesitant about buying a Chromebook because I wasn't sure if the size and features would suit my needs, but my daughter (who has a Samsung Chromebook and loves it) convinced me to give it a try. It has only been a few days so far, but it has been great! It is so lightweight and portable, boots up super-quickly, and has everything I need for surfing the web, checking email, and working on documents and spreadsheets via Google Drive. The keyboard and touchpad are different than what I'm used to (I'm usually on a desktop), but I'm getting used to both. Overall a great small computer that I would recommend and buy again!
Date published: 2016-10-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by RCSwain from Best computer I have owned! I build computers, the Windows kind, and so a I a fairly deep knowledge of these things. Anytime I want to do something on a computer I pick up my Samsung Chromebook 3. It is light, portable, never gets hot, absolutely quiet, great keyboard and trackpad, descent sound, beautiful screen, never has a virus problem. In essence it just works. It is worry free. It is not for heavy duty movie editing or photo manipulating with Adobe, but for the bulk of the things you will use a computer for on an everyday basis it is fantastic. This is my 2nd Samsung Chromebook. I loved my last one, so I bought another!
Date published: 2016-11-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by godstirm23 from Excellent choice This is the third Chromebook I have had. These were so popular with my grandchildren (and inexpensive enough) that I have given the previous two to them. All Chromebooks run the same software so that is not important. The Samsung models are very, very durable and with kids (even teens), this is important. All of the various connections are there, the memory is expandable,i I even attach a portable hard drive. I no longer even have a Windows machine and have not lost the ability to do anything. I recommend the SSI G models if you have kids or travel. These things take a beating and never fail. Also, I recommend getting the 4 gigs of ram. (I had it on a previous model and opted for only 2 this time - it doesn't make a big difference but it is slightly slower. Excellent machine.
Date published: 2016-07-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by Philbaker82 from This product is amazing This product is fantastic. Great price and easy to use.
Date published: 2016-11-20
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sjc8187 from Great for the kids! I got this for my 9 yr old for Christmas. It's her first chromebook/laptop and she loves it! She has been using my desktop and laptop for about a year now before she received this and has always love to play her RPG games online. My desktop would move rather slow and keep freezing with her games, but with her chromebook the games work consistently and fast, and while even having multiple tabs open. She is very much a klutz, so the ruggedness, durability, and size were all factors when I purchased this and I am very happy to say that I made the right choice!
Date published: 2016-12-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Fits What I Need a Portable Laptop For Second Chromebook I have owned -- had the original Samsung Chromebook when they came out. It is still working with a family member. It was fine but as Chrome OS got more functions I needed a faster processor and more RAM. Also it had a full size SD slot which meant you really couldn't use it as semi-permanent file storage. The micro-SD slot in the Chromebook 3 is a big plus for me, since even though I do most of my work in the cloud, I do have extensive local storage needs and the 64 GB card I installed does the job for me -- actually a bit overkill, but I had it in the drawer. The Chromebook 3 does everything I need except my website development chores, which I still use a Windows-based program for. I expect to move all that over to browser-based app in the near future, now that those have improved so much. The big plus features of the Samsung Chromebook 3 are 1) lightweight; 2) great battery life; 3) better screen than other low priced Chromebooks or "cloud-books"; 4) Way better keyboard. It is so-o-o-o portable!
Date published: 2016-11-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by AP1279 from Perfect for what I needed I travel a lot and needed a compact laptop to use for streaming media. This is perfect. It boots quickly, streams smoothly, and doesn't have a problem processing anything I have done yet. Great product at a really reasonable price.
Date published: 2016-09-08
- Product Line
- Operating System
- Chrome OS
- Screen Size
- Processor Type
- Intel Celeron
- Processor Speed
- Hard Drive Capacity
- Google Chrome OS
- Automatically downloads and installs security and software updates, so you don't have to waste your time managing patches and waiting for restarts.
- 11.6" display
- Typical 1366 x 768 HD resolution. Antireflective finish reduces eyestrain and widens the field of view. Energy-efficient LED backlight.
- Intel Celeron processor N3050
- Entry-level dual-core processor for general e-mail, Internet and productivity tasks.
- 2GB system memory
- Enough high-bandwidth RAM to meet the system requirements and run basic programs, but not many at once.
- 16GB eMMC flash memory
- This ultracompact memory system is ideal for mobile devices and applications, providing enhanced storage capabilities, streamlined data management, quick boot-up times and support for high-definition video playback.
- Built-in cloud support
- Easily save your files to your Google Drive account for secure access wherever you go. You can also sync with your other devices running Chrome and even work offline when needed. Fees may apply.
- Intel HD Graphics
- On-processor graphics with shared video memory provide everyday image quality for Internet use, basic photo editing and casual gaming.
- Weighs 2.54 lbs. and measures 0.7" thin
- Ultrathin and ultralight for maximum portability, featuring a smaller screen size and omitting the DVD/CD drive to achieve the compact form factor.lithium ion battery.
- Bluetooth 4.0 interface syncs with compatible devices
- Wirelessly transfer photos, music and other media between the desktop and your Bluetooth-enabled cell phone or MP3 player, or connect Bluetooth wireless accessories.
- 1 USB 3.0 port maximizes the latest high-speed devices
- Also includes 1 USB 2.0 port to connect more accessories and peripherals. The USB 3.0 port is backward-compatible with USB 2.0 devices (at 2.0 speeds).
- HDMI output expands your viewing options
- Connect to an HDTV or high-def monitor to set up two screens side by side or just see more of the big picture.
- Built-in media reader for simple photo transfer
- Supports microSD memory card formats.
- Next-generation wireless connectivity
- Connects to your network or hotspots on all current Wi-Fi standards. Connect to a Wireless-AC router for speed nearly 3x faster than Wireless-N.
- Built-in HD webcam with microphone
- Makes it easy to video chat with family and friends or teleconference with colleagues over Google Hangouts. or other popular applications.
- Built-in virus protection and Google products
- Work, play and do right out of the box with Search, Gmail, Talk, YouTube and Hangouts, then personalize with the Chrome Web Store. Multiple layers of protection defend against viruses and malware.
- Organize your life with the Samsung Chromebook 3, and avoid damage with its water-resistant keyboard. Enjoy the functionality of a computer optimized for Google's intuitive operating system and applications all on one simple platform. Weighing only 2.5 pounds and measuring just 0.7 inches thick, it's easy to take the Samsung Chromebook 3 with you wherever you go.
- Hard Drive Capacity: 16 gigabytes
- Hard Drive Type: Solid State Drive
- Processor Brand: Intel
- Processor Speed: 1.6 gigahertz
- Processor Model: Intel Celeron
- System Memory (RAM): 2 gigabytes
- Wireless Networking: Wireless-AC
- Screen Size: 11.6 inches
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.