Toshiba 15.6" Laptop 1.3GHz 4GB 320GB Windows 8 (C855D-S5202)
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
Toshiba 15.6" Laptop 1.3GHz 4GB 320GB Windows 8 (C855D-S5202) is rated out of 5 by 23.
Rated 1 out of 5 by Anonymous from Don't Waste Your Money I got a new laptop because my old one was going out and wasn't really working well anymore However, it took that laptop a couple of years to start messing up, it took this Toshiba laptop a few days to start messing up. It freezes and crashes all the time. It says that I don't have enough memory but I literally only have notes from my classes on it. I'm not talking fancy notes either, just the basic copy it from the power point notes. That's it. There's nothing on this computer yet I don't have memory for anything and it crashes whenever it feels like it. If I see that blue screen with that frownie face one more time I might just throw this thing out the window and go to the library to do my homework and write my papers. It'll be tough making it through college without a laptop, but I will do it if only for the sake of seeing this thing break.
Date published: 2013-02-26
Rated 1 out of 5 by Anonymous from Windows 8 My AutoCAD 2005 and AllData will not initialize because of Windows 8. The new computer is about as useful as a dead cat. My A75(XP), vintage 2003, has a video problem. Since the drive is so old (9 yr) I figured to just replace the entire machine. But the AutoCAD and AllData will not initialize. They do still work on the A75(XP), though they are hard to read. Please forward a "cold start" CD for XP and I'll give a better review.
Date published: 2013-03-23
Rated 1 out of 5 by Anonymous from I am totally disappointed with this laptop. Not sure if there is something missing from the laptop but looks like the memory simply doesn't exist. Can't access two things at a time...youtube simply doesn't run and it takes ages to play. The internet connection is fast and the other laptop runs fine. I have had a Toshiba Satellite before (2006) but that was a good buy. This one is zero value for money.
Date published: 2013-02-16
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great Laptop! This laptop is a great value and works pretty well for multitasking, media streaming, etc. Love the clear and bright display and battery life is great! Didn't think I'd like Windows 8 at first but it makes everything a lot simpler and more fun. (Tip: Speakers were horrible UNTIL I went into the Toshiba sound settings and turned off the "Auto Volume" setting)
Date published: 2013-01-09
Rated 1 out of 5 by Anonymous from Don't Buy! Christmas gift to parents. What a mistake! Windows 8 is a disaster. Should not be put on a non- touch screen device. SLOW!!! I thought VISTA had been installed by mistake. Started freezing from the start and finally got the blue screen of death today. Won't boot. Nothing works for recovery. Locked up. Two months of frustration.
Date published: 2013-03-04
Rated 1 out of 5 by Anonymous from Crash, Crash, and more Crash. As the title states. This machine crashes horrible. Mostly CPU stop error or Hard Drive Crash. It has a nice concept and pricing but even for just emails you are seriously going to find yourself wanting to throw this laptop out the window. Save yourself the stress and pay a little more for a better CPU.
Date published: 2013-02-05
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from sketchie This laptop is just what I needed for a class in college. I need to write a business plan for a class. This computer gave me windows 8 and I was a little freaked out, but this laptop walked me through nice. The only reason I say sketchie is because the mouse makes my page shrink and grow all the time.
Date published: 2013-02-18
Rated 1 out of 5 by Anonymous from Pretty poor purchase I wish I never bought this laptop, I bought it as a gift for someone else and it lags pretty bad, especially on videos and even when they are on the lowest quality. I have a Toshiba that i purchased 6 years ago and it is better than this one. Huge waste of money, Will be returning today.
Date published: 2013-04-08
- Product Line
- Operating System
- Windows 8
- Screen Size
- Processor Type
- AMD E-Series
- Processor Speed
- Graphics Processing Type
- Integrated/On-Board Graphics
- Hard Drive Capacity
- Operating System Edition
- Not Applicable
- High-definition widescreen LED-backlit TFT-LCD with TruBrite technology
- 320GB HD, double-layer DVD
- AMD dual-core E-300 1.3GHz accelerated processor, 2GB DDR3 memory, number keypad on keyboard
- Wifi 802.11b/g/n, 10/100 Ethernet, Webcam, 3 USB ports, 6-cell Li-ion battery
- 1.3" thin, Trax Texture in Satin Black case, Genuine Windows 8 64-bit
- Media card reader
- Here's a great entry-level laptop for mobile computing. This Toshiba Satellite laptop's bright, 15.6-inch HD display showcases movies and games in stunning cinema clarity. Its 320GB hard drive has plenty of room for your music, photos, videos, documents, and more. The 802.11b/g/n Wifi let's you connect wirelessly at home and in coffee shops, airports and offices around the world. The 2GB of memory and AMD dual-core E-300 accelerated processor are definitely adequate for basic office computing, entertainment and Internet browsing experiences. Plus, the built-in webcam and microphone makes it easy to video chat with family and friends. With a multiformat media card reader, 2 high-speed USB 2.0 ports, and a 6-cell battery for nearly 6 hours of use away from an outlet, for the price-conscious buyer it's a great value for everyday mobile computing.
- Hardware Platform: PC
- Operating System: Windows 8;
- Processor Brand: AMD
- Processor Count: 2
- Computer Memory Type: DDR3 SDRAM
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.