Microsoft Surface 2 10.6" Tablet 32GB Windows RT 8.1 - Silver
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
Microsoft Surface 2 10.6" Tablet 32GB Windows RT 8.1 - Silver is rated out of 5 by 263.
Rated 1 out of 5 by PabloM from I'm sure it would've been awesome had it worked I bought this last week and it was listed "Like New" so I thought I got an amazing deal! Upon receiving the item, it looked good, but once I turned it on it was locked. The tablet was still showing the previous owner's log in information and as if that wasn't bad enough, when I disconnected it from the outlet it turned off. It turns out that it can only stay on if it's plugged in. I am extremely disappointing with this purchase and I wish this transaction had gone differently. I don't understand how something like that got past their inspection team for an item that was "like new".
Date published: 2015-10-21
Rated 5 out of 5 by goosehead from Great tablet for business travel! I bought my Surface 2 64 three months ago, it's a great traveling companion. I was able to replace a corporate laptop and personal iPad with this one device. The included Office 365 (RT) does everything my laptop did, in a much more convenient form factor. It's also great for internet, books, movies, and music, replacing the iPad which doesn't do much else. My only complaint is it occasionally freezes, I think related to frequent software updates. Easily fixed (hold the power switch for ~10 seconds, then restart), but still a bit annoying. We have since added two more Surface tablets in my family. Looks like I have a used iPad for sale :)
Date published: 2014-02-19
Rated 1 out of 5 by charliebrown from Very disappointed!! I was anticipating the release of the Surface 2 and was very excited to finally own it. The first day I discovered I had faulty speakers and went back to exchange it for a another one and had a bright pixel on the new surface, just my luck. I was getting discourage with the product but still decided to exchange for a new device and get a chance to keep it for more than a day. I fell in love with the surface real quick and liked the new windows 8.1 rt. Just a little over a week of use my screen started crashing and at this moment I'm unsure of what to do now. If I take it back it would be for a return and I have gotten very attached to my surface.
Date published: 2013-11-06
Rated 4 out of 5 by DSS4V from Outstanding for School / Work / Play Runs Windows and has plenty of apps available in the store - far more than at launch time. Great battery life and very capable. I ditched the iPad and haven't looked back. Started with a simple RT tablet which isn't even offered any longer, and I'm still using it as well. Looking at a new Surface Pro 3 to replace my travel laptop. RT isn't a problem.. .it's great. The strategy may be changing at Microsoft, but for all the folks complaining about how it's "locked down," let me ask... How do you install apps on your Android or iPad?? Via the app store. Same thing. RT was designed for the tablet market and it's better than the alternatives.
Date published: 2014-08-28
Rated 1 out of 5 by lisa2 from Battery doesn't work :( I ordered the Surface 2 & the battery didn't work! I installed all updates, performed all troubleshoot suggestions from Microsoft's website, and it still wouldn't work without the power cord plugged in... it could never recognize the battery. I exchanged it for another Surface 2, and the replacement did the exact same thing (didn't recognize the battery and couldn't charge)! Needless to say, I'm highly dissatisfied with the Surface 2. Silly me expected the tablet to actually work when I received it, but instead I wasted many hours trying to update, troubleshoot, and exchange/return it :( I would NOT recommend this product to anyone.
Date published: 2014-10-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by bg123 from Great for Portable Productivity I used to have the surface 2, now I have the pro 3. However, the Surface 2 is still great for portable productivity, as well as consuming. In my opinion, this device would be great for anybody who is on the go a lot needing to do work. Another great feature about the surface 2 is that it comes with free Skype calls in over 60 countries, and you don't have to be connected to WIFI in order to do this. Additionally, the Surface 2 comes with a lot of free cloud storage. So you can manage and sync your files, anytime, and anywhere. Finally, the Surface 2 comes with Office RT which includes: OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word & Excel.
Date published: 2014-08-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by crwd3020 from Does what my iPad could never dream of. I traded in my iPad for the Surface 2. I am so glad I did!!!! Sure there are not as many apps for the Surface as the iPad, however that is the only downside. I can now print wirelessly or wired to almost any printer. I can run apps side by side. Office is amazing and has a better track record of being updated more often than iWork. I get double the storage for the similar price range. I can use a mouse. Bing smart search is the best. So if you want a pretty light and thinner iPad, enjoy. If you want the most productive tablet out there, go with the Surface 2. I am very glad that I left the "cool" group of Apple to actually become more productive with Microsoft.
Date published: 2013-10-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by ricardito from Best tablet money can buy. I have had it for one year. Windows 8.1 RT is extremely secure, to the point that it cannot accept Remote Desktop protocol (although it can utilize it out). The desktop programs and Microsoft suite are preinstalled and full-featured (including being able to send/receive files over bluetooth) and the Windows Store has matured very well. Hardware-wise, this is top-notch. feel is premium and no expense was spared. Cameras are 1080p and display is beautiful Battery life is VERY long, comparable to any power tablet/Ipad. Microsoft Office 2013 RT is a HUGE bonus, and keyboard is passable. Type cover trackpad can be better, but is also quiet, and complete with gestures.
Date published: 2015-01-20
- Product Line
- Surface 2
- Operating System
- Windows RT
- Screen Size
- Storage Capacity
- Internet Connectivity
- Not Applicable
- Not Applicable
- Hardware Connectivity
- Processor Speed
- 1920 x 1080
- Quad Core
- Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013 RT; lets you discover numerous apps and games at Windows Store
- NVIDIA Tegra 4 CPU; delivers superb processing speed
- 2GB of RAM; ensures fast application handling
- 32GB storage; offers a very large space for your applications
- 10.6-inch 5-point Multi-Touch Display; promotes seamless visual performance with incredible touch functionality
- Wi-Fi technology; ensures a stable wireless networking experience
- Dual webcams; captures images and videos
- Enjoy mobile productivity and entertainment with this Microsoft tablet. Featuring the Windows RT , this awesome tablet enables you to keep tabs on news, friends, and entertainment by getting the latest apps and games at Windows Store. This Microsoft RT tablet is equipped with a powerful NVIDIA Tegra 4 CPU and 2GB of RAM for lightning-fast performance of todays applications.
- Product Type: Tablet
- Processor Core: Quad-core (4 Core)
- Flash Memory Capacity: 32 GB
- Processor Manufacturer: NVIDIA
- Graphics Controller Manufacturer: NVIDIA
- Bluetooth: Yes
- Wireless LAN: Yes
- Optical Drive Type: No
- Wireless LAN Standard: IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n
- Product Family: Surface 2
- Front Camera/Webcam: Yes
- Operating System Platform: Windows
- Front Camera/Webcam Resolution: 3.5 Megapixel
- Processor Model: T40
- Color: Magnesium Silver
- Operating System: Windows 8.1 RT
- Brand Name: Microsoft
- Form Factor: Slate
- Processor Speed: 1.70 GHz
- Processor Type: Tegra 4
- Screen Size: 10.6"
- Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Standard Memory: 2 GB
- Weight (Approximate): 1.49 lb
- Display Screen Technology: ClearType
- Total Number of USB Ports: 1
- Number of USB 3.0 Ports: 1
- Multi-touch Screen: Yes
- Rear Camera: Yes
- Rear Camera Resolution: 5 Megapixel
- Memory Card Supported: microSD,microSDXC
- Height: 0.4"
- Width: 10.8"
- Depth: 6.8"
- Memory Technology: DDR3 SDRAM
- Features: VaporMg Casing
- Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
- Product Name: Surface 2 Tablet
- Product Line: Surface 2
- Sensor Type: Ambient Light Sensor,Accelerometer,Gyro Sensor,Magnetometer
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Manufacturer Part Number: P3W-00001
- Manufacturer Website Address: http://www.microsoft.com
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.