Linksys Dual-Band Gigabit Router with USB 3.0 eSATA (EA8500)
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
Linksys Dual-Band Gigabit Router with USB 3.0 eSATA (EA8500) is rated out of 5 by 130.
Rated 3 out of 5 by Enoch from Lacking Features Just got this yesterday and setup was a breeze, however I keep looking for some kind of "Advanced" menu. I was hoping a router in this price range would give me more control over network traffic. I replaced a Netgear router that gave me a lot more control, I miss it's menu's. One example is the "Parental Controls"? Dumb name in my opinion, but my old router would allow me to block certain sites from the entire network, this thing you have to pick individual devices. What a pain in the butt! Limiting the speed test GUI to 20Mb+? Really? Anyway, hopefully a firmware update in the future will give me the features I'm looking for, until then it's 3 stars.
Date published: 2015-10-18
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ambi from Such a Marvelous Epic Upgrade I was very content with my Linksys E4200 router which was connecting my main computer at 110Mbps download & 15Mbps upload … my 2 wireless desktop computers at about 35Mbps download … my mobile phone at 56Mbps download … my Smart TV was streaming at halfway of the bars. I decided to upgrade to the Linksys EA8500 router and now my home network is connecting my main computer at 145Mbps download & 20Mbps upload … my 2 wireless desktop computers at about 63Mbps download … my mobile phone at 110Mbps download … my Smart TV is streaming at full strength of the bars. I am extremely content with my new Linksys EA8500 router! :-)
Date published: 2015-12-11
Rated 4 out of 5 by Jay228 from Noob review Like the title says I am far from technical advanced. Bought this to replace an older Linksys router that had trouble providing good signal throughout my 3 house. (Router is on the third floor) All I can say is the EA8500 was easy to set up. Googled best channels for the 5 and 2.5, found some recommendations, set them and I've been good. Had the router for three weeks now and I've had to reset it twice. First time 5ghz channel kept dropping off but experienced no trouble with the 2.5. Second time both channels shut down. Each time the reset cleared the trouble. As for coverage, I am very happy with the coverage the EA8500 gives me. I also see double the speed numbers over the old router.
Date published: 2016-03-10
Rated 4 out of 5 by knvchs from Once overheating problem independently resolved I encountered an overheating problem that would force the router to shut down. I used a small block of dense styrofoam placed in the center to elevate it above my desktop and improve airflow. This resolved the problem and linksys is aware of the problem and my solution. With that temporary fix, I am extremely pleased with the product and it's features. Linksys offered to trade it for a different model but I declined since I liked the features and other performance features. I hope the company resolves the overheating and upgrades my current model. Outstanding except for the overheating.
Date published: 2015-07-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by GMadd33 from Love this Unit While I have increased the speed of my wireless network 10 fold over the Xfinity modem I use for the gateway (wired units to each other), I love the programmability and user interface and now have my home wifi services exactly the way I want it with appropriately named 2k and 5k SSID's, passwords, guest ssid and even a cloud like disk drive thanks to the fast USB 3.0 port. The network map display and media prioritization gives me full control over the devices on my network. MIMO technology probably is what makes all this so fast but i'm not a network Guru so won't say. Just know that its lightning fast and Works flawlessly.... Using Speedtest on S6 phone yields over 180 Mbps download speed using the 5K network.
Date published: 2015-12-31
Rated 4 out of 5 by Bruce_D from High Performance Router (for Dummies) ... Easy setup, and rock solid stable performance, but the lack of usable web filtering options is really disappointing. "Parental Controls" allows manually entering websites to block one at a time for each individual device connected to the router. No option to create a single block list and apply to multiple devices. Add that option - ideally with the ability to upload a list of up to 1,000 sites to block as a text file instead of entering them manually one at a time and it would be perfect ... as it is, it is like driving a race car with a bicycle handlebar.
Date published: 2016-01-16
Rated 1 out of 5 by PauLN54 from Sorry had to send back I bought this router to upgrade my home system based on reviews and a recommendation from a leading consumer magazine . After a week something went goofy. First my home alarm system emailed me i was offline then my weather station stopped loading to the web. When i got home my Voip phone was down. I then got a hold of my ISP and they pinged the router could see it but it would not respond. After all this my computer was kicked offline. I reinstalled my old router and sent this puppy back to the seller. I was really hoping for this to work out.
Date published: 2015-12-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by Biggc49042 from Very good router was worth the upgrade. So we have gone with the whole "Smart House" setup. We have a theater room i built last summer with Lutron Home lighting, also have Thermastat, Blinds, Lights upstairs, locks and Logitech whole home. This doesnt even include, 6 TVs, 3 Cell Phones, 4 Tablets, 3 computers, Roku, 2 Cable Boxes, Nvida Shield, Coffee maker, PS4 and Xbone. This was a seamless installation and connecting all the devices with the new router. Never a single Connection issue, never drop any of the devices. This has been the best upgrade in my "Whole Home Connection"
Date published: 2015-10-17
- Max. Wireless Data Rate
- Max. LAN Data Rate
- Number of LAN Ports
- Network Connectivity
- Wired-Ethernet (RJ-45)
- Network Connectivity
- Wireless-Wi-Fi 802.11g
- Network Connectivity
- Wireless-Wi-Fi 802.11n
- 4x4 MU-MIMO (Multi-User MIMO) technology delivers four data streams for a seamless entertainment experience
- MU-MIMO handles heavy network traffic and high-bandwidth activities on multiple devices at the same time
- Powered by Qualcomm Internet Processor
- Data at speeds up to 2.53 Gbps, six times faster than Wireless-N
- Wireless speeds of up to AC1733 Mbps + N800 Mbps
- Experience faster network speeds, better wireless range, reduced interference from other devices, and stronger Wi-Fi connections
- Linskys Smart Wi-Fi lets you access your network anytime, anywhere
- Featuring the latest in Wireless-AC, the AC2600 Dual Band 4x4 MU-MIMO Router (EA8500) delivers four data streams--instead of the traditional two or three--to all your devices for a seamless entertainment experience. Take your gaming and streaming to the next level with the AC2600 Dual Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Router. The AC2600 is equipped with a 1.4 GHz dual-core CPU and features MU-MIMO technology, so it can handle heavy-bandwidth activities and heavy network traffic at a combined speed of up to 2.53 Gbps, making it the ultimate in fast Wi-Fi technology.
- Frequency: Band: 2.4: GHz,: 5: GHz
- Authentication: Method: RADIUS
- RAM: 512: MB: -: DDR3: SDRAM
- Flash: Memory: 128: MB
- Status: Indicators: Power,: WLAN,: LAN,: WPS,: Internet
- Encryption: Algorithm: 128-bit: WEP,: 64-bit: WEP,: WPA,: WPA2
- Installed: Size: 128: MB
- Antenna: Qty: 5
- Form: Factor: desktop
- Type: wireless: router
- Connectivity: Technology: wired,: wireless
- Data: Link: Protocol: Ethernet,: Fast: Ethernet,: Gigabit: Ethernet,: IEEE: 802.11a,: IEEE: 802.11ac,: IEEE: 802.11b,: IEEE: 802.11g,: IEEE: 802.11n
- Network: /: Transport: Protocol: IPSec,: L2TP,: PPTP
- Features: IPv6: support,: MU-MIMO: technology,: VPN: passthrough,: Wi-Fi: Protected: Setup: (WPS),: firewall: protection,: parental: control,: reset: button
- Compliant: Standards: DLNA: CERTIFIED,: IEEE: 802.11a,: IEEE: 802.11ac,: IEEE: 802.11b,: IEEE: 802.11g,: IEEE: 802.11n,: UPnP
- Wireless: Protocol: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Data: Transfer: Rate: 2.53: Gbps
- Wi-Fi: Bands: 2.4: GHz,: 5: GHz
- WAN: Ports: Qty: 1
- Integrated: Switch: 4-port: switch
- Key: Features: USB: port,: VPN: support,: firewall
- Nominal: Voltage: AC: 120/230: V
- Frequency: Required: 50/60: Hz
- Type: external: power: adapter
- Interface: Ethernet: 10Base-T/100Base-TX/1000Base-T
- Qty: 1,: 4
- Connector: Type: 11: pin: USB/eSATA,: 9: pin: USB: Type: A,: RJ-45
- Type: LAN,: USB: 2.0: /: eSATA,: USB: 3.0,: WAN
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.