Brother Color Inkjet All-in-One Printer (MFCJ480DW)
Brother Color Inkjet All-in-One Printer (MFCJ480DW) is rated out of 5 by 534.
Rated 4 out of 5 by dressagerider5 from Very nice printer for the price I've been using this printer for a few months. So, I cannot speak to its durability and how expensive or inexpensive it is to operate as compared to other printers I've used over the years. The quality is quite good with average printing speed. The printer interface with my Mac is typical of other All-in-One printers. I appreciate the notion of automatic ordering for printer ink; however, I have spent many hours trying to connect the WiFi to my computer to no avail. To my way of thinking, the same connection used for printing should also work for the automatic printer ink fulfillment. That is how it worked for my Kodak printer.
Date published: 2016-07-23
Rated 4 out of 5 by LadyBud from Good for the money I upgraded to windows 10 and my old printer was 6 yrs old and wouldn't work after the upgrade so I had to shop for a new printer. I need a small printer to fit in my desk drawer and All-in-one to do the job I needed it to perform so I ended up with the MFC-J480DW and so far it is working great. I got it right after Thanksgiving so I got a good price. I would recommend if your an average home user. It's a little slow but nothing that I can't put up with for what I do. This is my first Brother's product that I have ever purchased, I usually get HP but they were to big for my drawer and this did the same.
Date published: 2015-12-28
Rated 1 out of 5 by Jordan0991 from NOT FOR PERSONAL OFFICE USE I've owned this product for a couple of years, and it STILL amazes me at how SLOW it prints. To print anything longer than 2 pages, you might as well make your sell a drink and hangout for a while cause you're not going anywhere. I might even be okay with how slow it goes, IF it were optional. But no, even on reduced quality, plugged in via USB and all, it still takes an eternity. And you might say, "well it must print really well, if it takes so long". Nope, it's average. Not bad, but nothing impressive. Thoroughly disappointed, and will not be going to brother for anything else
Date published: 2016-12-19
Rated 5 out of 5 by MsRockland from Fantastic Investment! I needed a new printer and already have a Brother Sewing Machine that I love! By the Quality of my machine I decided to try the printer and a friend told me I should try the all in one. Well I don't know, usually when you have an item that does more than one thing one of those things doesn't work too good. Imagine how happy I was to see that this printer works well on all! The Scanner saves my paper in my computer beautifully. The fax is quick and easy to use! and of course I love the printer I make cards as well as letters! it's also fantastic with my craft projects. Thank you Brother this is the best purchase I've made!
Date published: 2016-03-17
Rated 3 out of 5 by 123RUN from Not as good as previous Brother My Brother MFC-J480 DW fax-printer isn't as good as it's predecessor. My computer service woman tried to get it set up while going the CD that you furnished' but to no avail. It does print, but always has a sign in the window that won't do what it says when I try to get it to do anything other than print. Had I known that it would do nothing but print, I would have purchased a cheaper one. You asked for my thoughts about your product and now you have them.
Date published: 2015-12-13
Rated 4 out of 5 by Jaguar from So far, so good ! I would've given 5 stars except for the following reason. My user guide and manual both say I can fax from my mobile device (cell) to my MFC-J480W using the Brother iPrint&Scan. I downloaded the app. The app has a fax button. Hit the button and it allows you to choose a photo, document,etc. Would'nt work. I called Customer Service. 2 agents told me there is no such option on the app, and I had it right in front me on my cell. They would not return my call. A little disappointed. Will try again. Other than this, it works great! Thanks for your time.
Date published: 2016-01-21
Rated 5 out of 5 by DickyC3PO from Not The Holy Grail but ... This printer is not the fastest, nor does it produce super high quality prints, but it's reliability, features & price are beyond compare. It is a welcome replacement for my old Photosmart 6700 series. The first one I purchased had a few minor bugs; it was promptly replaced by Brother, and I haven't looked back. It works like a charm. Size, price, features (every function I could ever want), and styling are excellent. I would not hesitate recommending this printer to friends & family. Overall, it's a great value for the everyday casual user.
Date published: 2016-10-30
Rated 1 out of 5 by tryagain from I hated this thing the moment I installed it I've been online for a long time. So this is NOT my first printer/all in one. I hated this thing the moment I installed it. All they say is use the website. Cop out answer. They told me the reason they no longer provide instruction books any more is because the are saving trees with no paper. Apparently they have never heard or recycled paper. The machine you have to push extra buttons JUST TO TURN IT OFF. I do not use the fax on the machine but yet to turn it off you have to push a button answering a question about the fax. 100% unnecessary. Without an instruction book in front of you I had to use trial and error to figure out how to load paper when you want two sides or other different functions. The paper feed is a pain. A paper jams and you have to push buttons even after you fixed the problem. Too much work on this machine and no recycled paper instruction book two thumbs down. Can NOT input my complete review
Date published: 2016-07-01
- Printer Type
- All-In-One Printer
- Output Type
- Print, copy, scan, and fax with color inkjet technology
- Automatic document feeder system and duplex (two-sided) printing
- 100-sheet paper capacity up to 8.5"x14"
- Easy-to-setup wireless networking with other devices
- Print directly from your mobile device using AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint&Scan, Mopria and Wi-Fi Direct
- Scan to and print from popular cloud services with Brother Web Connect including Google Drive, Dropbox, Facebook, Box, OneDrive and more
- Capture and convert documents directly using Brother Cloud Apps
- Easily navigate onscreen menus with the 1.8" color display
- All-in-one inkjet printer offers a low total cost of operation using high-yield ink cartridges and paper-saving, two-sided printing. Easy-to-setup wireless network makes connecting to your devices fast and simple. Plus, connect your compatible mobile device to print wirelessly via AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint and Scan, and Wi-Fi Direct. 1.8" LCD lets you easily browse through the menu options to facilitate simple navigation. Auto document feeder accepts up to 20 sheets of paper for unattended copying, scanning and faxing. 100-sheet paper capacity holds sheets of paper up to 8-1/2" x 14" in size. Web Connect technology allows you to quickly scan to and print from popular cloud services including Google Drive, Dropbox, Facebook, Box, OneDrive and more.
- Product Type: Inkjet Multifunction Printer
- Environmentally Friendly: Yes
- Copy Color: Color
- Scan Color: Color
- Fax Color: Color
- Wireless LAN: Yes
- Display Screen Type: LCD
- Standard Input Media Capacity: 100 sheets
- USB: Yes
- PictBridge: Yes
- Maximum Mono Print Speed (ppm): 27
- Maximum Color Print Speed (ppm): 10
- Product Family: Work Smart MFC
- Wireless Print Technology: Wi-Fi Direct,Mopria,Brother iPrint&Scan,Google Cloud Print,Apple AirPrint,Cortado
- Print Color Capability: Color
- Media Type: Photo Paper,Envelope,Index Card,Transparency,Plain Paper,Glossy Paper
- Maximum Print Resolution: 6000 x 1200 dpi
- Brand Name: Brother
- Form Factor: Desktop
- Copier Type: Flatbed
- Scanner Type: Flatbed
- Duplex Printing: Yes
- Media Size: A5,Com10 Envelope,Legal,Photo,Letter,Index Card,A4,Executive,Monarch Envelope,DL Envelope,A6,C5 Envelope,A5 - 5.80" x 8.30",Com10 Envelope - 4.80" x 9.50",Legal - 8.50" x 14",Photo - 4" x 6",Letter - 8.50" x 11",Index Card - 5" x 8",A4 - 8.30" x 11.70",Executive - 10.50" x 7.25",DL Envelope - 4.30" x 8.60",A6 - 4.10" x 5.80",C5 Envelope - 3.37" x 9"
- Multifunction Devices: Copier/Fax/Printer/Scanner
- Duty Cycle: 2500 pages per month
- Optical Resolution: 2400 dpi
- Environmental Certification: ENERGY STAR
- Height: 6.8"
- Width: 15.7"
- Depth: 13.4"
- Product Series: MFC
- Manufacturer: Brother Industries, Ltd
- Product Model: MFC-J480DW
- Product Name: MFC-J480DW Work Smart All-in-1 Printer
- Product Line: Work Smart
- Screen Size: 1.8"
- Media Handling: 1 x Input Tray 100 Sheet,1 x Output Tray 50 Sheet,1 x Automatic Document Feeder 20 Sheet
- Input Voltage: 120 V AC
- Manufacturer Part Number: MFC-J480DW
- Manufacturer Website Address: http://www.brother-usa.com
- Power Source: AC Supply
- Recommended Use: Plain Paper Print
- Weight (Approximate): 16.80 lb
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.