Samsung Xpress Monochrome Laser Printer (M2830DW)
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
Samsung Xpress Monochrome Laser Printer (M2830DW) is rated out of 5 by 24.
Rated 3 out of 5 by geotrick from Nice size basic printer that works great unless you need to print an envelope... The printer was easy to setup and for standard printing is fast and crisp. This printer replaced an HP Laserjet 1200/1300 I print mailing labels and invoices. I also like to print out my envelopes. I am yet to be able to print out a correct envelope (#10). I am using manual feed with the rear of the printer open to limit wrinkling. manual feed is selected in print dialog. When I just try to print addresses on plain paper it is all truncated. When I try an envelope I get this: /Library/Printers/Samsung/M283x/rastertosec failed and it stops without clearing the print que. Programs I have tried to print from: Chrome/ Google drive from browser; TextEdit 8Core MacPro, Mac 10.7.5 16GB ram direct USB to printer
Date published: 2016-02-11
Rated 1 out of 5 by buckwild45 from Samsung Printer Xpress M2830DW Installed printer using the wireless network quick guide setup to the letter and the printer worked for about a week with no complaints. The WPS light went out and I didn't know when the WPS light is off the printer will not stay connected to my home network and it print wireless as long as you stay by the printer to push the WPS bottom in order for the printer to print. What am I doing wrong? I am ready to destroy this printer because it is not working for me. Help! Please!
Date published: 2016-06-03
Rated 1 out of 5 by Marge44 from This product is a disappointment The paper loader is hard to adjust, though it says you could use legal size it can only use letter size if you use a legal size you won't be able to close the paper loader and your printer won't work. No matter what paper I use it either gets stuck midway or else spews out 4-5 sheets altogether. The wireless feature work well other than that I am sorry I bought this printer. I have been using printers since mid 1990"s but this is the worst printer I have ever bought.
Date published: 2015-10-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by DrSkillPro from Trusted Name - No Brainer Purchase I have my own business and a Masters Degree this product didn't require my business acumen or a college education to install. The printer performs as expected. The quality of prior Samsung purchases made this the easiest purchase to date. I recommend this product for anyone seeking to have a printer ready to perform and long life toner cartridge (over the ink jet). Expect this product to perform several years without any issues. Good buy.
Date published: 2015-12-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by meshasfx from This product offers the best value I have purchased this printer during August of 2015 and I love ever since. Called tech support to enable wireless connection to my PC and Mac. They have helped me with this using remote connection software and I was operational in no time at all. This a very fast and reliable mono laser printer which is packed with bunch of features in a very small footprint housing. Great choice for a small price to pay.
Date published: 2015-11-25
Rated 4 out of 5 by Kimberly from Incredible Deal This Samsung printer ($40) came with a full toner cartridge! I bought another cartridge thinking that such a good deal on the printer would not have one. The cartridge alone, was $36! Installation was a bear, but that is a Samsung's technical support issue. I'm super happy with the product and now I have another cartridge once this one is used up. I will be printing for awhile.
Date published: 2016-09-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Awesome This has been a wonderful printer. It has exceeded my expectations for printing on multiple paper weights and sizes. The print comes out beautifully every time. The Manual Feeder works well with different paper weights and sizes as well, not just envelopes. It is easy to setup and use. I highly recommend this printer, or any Samsung printer for that matter.
Date published: 2016-04-20
Rated 3 out of 5 by swortis from Supporting software is simply broken 1. Much of the downloadable software for this printer is corrupt and will not open in Windows or on a Mac. 2. Cannot update firmware on many operating systems including Mac OS X 3. Quality is ok but not as good as prior Samsung laser printers The printer is 'ok' - but given quality of Samsung printers of the past I was disappointed.
Date published: 2016-04-03
- Printer Type
- Standard Printer
- Output Type
- Black & White
- Black Print Speed
- Product Line
- Samsung Xpress
- High-speed USB 2.0, Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wireless, and Wi-Fi Direct
- Resoluiton up to 4800 x 600 dpi
- Convenient automatic duplexing for 2-sided documents
- Prints up to 29 ppm
- Handles up to 12,000 page printer monthly duty cycle
- With built-in Ethernet and Wi-Fi connectivity, the Samsung M2830DW Xpress Mono Laser Printer prints at fast speeds of up to 29 pages per minute. Featuring Samsung ReCP technology, it delivers razor-sharp text and graphics at high resolution. An Eco button and automatic duplexing help you save on toner and paper costs, while the Samsung multifunction printer's NFC technology lets you print wirelessly from your smartphone or tablet with just a tap.
- Type of Printer: Single-Function
- Wireless Ready: Wireless
- Printer Connectivity: USB, Wireless, Network Ready
- Photo Capable: Not Photo
- Duplex Printing: Automatic
- B&W PPM: 21 to 30 PPM
- Print Speed (ppm): Up to 50ppm Letter, 27ppm Tabloid
- Printer Connectivity Details: High-speed USB 2.0, 10 Base-T/100 Base-TX/1000 Base-T Ethernet
- Printer Monthly Duty Cycle: 12,000 images per month
- Paper Input Capacity: 250 sheets
- Media Types Supported: Plain, Thin, Thick, Thicker, Cardstock, Transparency, Pre-Printed, Recycled, Archive, Bond, Label, Envelope, Thick
- Printer System Requirements: Windows (32/64 bit) XP/2003/Vista/2008/7/8/2008 R2/Server 2012, Mac OS X 10.5-10.9, Various Linux, Various UNIX
- Printer Processor: 600 MHz
- What's in the Printer Box: Printer, Manual
- Height (in.): 8
- Depth (in.): 13.2
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.