Samsung 2.1 Channel 320 Watt Wireless Audio Soundbar (HW-J550/ZA)
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
Samsung 2.1 Channel 320 Watt Wireless Audio Soundbar (HW-J550/ZA) is rated out of 5 by 70.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Nodumbblonde from luvNthesound I am amazed at the quality of the components of this system (HW-J550). Tech support Chat even in the late night hours is available for assistance with set-up. Links are available to print instructions for those of us who like the feel of paper in our hands. Followed the instructions and first thing I knew it was all set up. The surround sound makes the television viewing experience so much better. Purchased this sub-woofer sound bar with my 40" Samsung TV for my in home office room .. I will definitely recommend this sound system to everyone I know who's in the market. Nothing better than GREAT sound to make any movie or program better.
Date published: 2015-06-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by Luvnfreddie from Great value! Awesome Sound! We purchased this soundbar with a new 4k uHD tv. The sound is amazing. I was looking for a wireless soundbar with subwoofer that I could easily connect to the television as well as my cell phone etc. It sounds great and offers lots of treble and not too much bass. We use it specifically for the television sound etc and don't use the tv speaker at all. I had a little trouble at first with a delay between the tv characters voices and the sound coming out the bar. I was able to correct that by using the optical cable that was provided and using the source D.IN on the soundbar. Works great and sounds great. Happy with my purchase and would definitely recommend to anyone!
Date published: 2015-10-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by D1363 from Great bang for the buck! So far I'm very pleased with this model. It's small, sleek, and doesn't require a lot of space. For the most part, I'm pleased with sound quality, but I do wish I could get a little more volume, or a deeper bass punch from the sub-woofer. I can only get the sub-woofer up to"+ 6" on the volume level. But it could be the placement of it as well. I don't really have an ideal location for it in my floor plan to cover the whole room. The sound bar has a nice sound and some pretty good choices for selecting different listening options. But I can always upgrade later and move this to the master bedroom.
Date published: 2015-12-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by Davebste from For price, size and simplicity it doesn't get better. The setup is basically plugging it in and pressing a button on the wireless sub and one on the sounder.... DONE!!!!!! Its not that big. If you want something to fit in a small area this is perfect. The different sound profiles TRULY are distinct and the surround feature actually does what it says. When streaming from one movie site in HDX the dialogue was so low it could not be heard on the TV speakers no matter how loud you turned them up. With the sound bar the dialogue is perfectly adequate even when people whisper but putting it in voice mode really brings the dialogue forward in the sound profile. FOR THE PRICE I DO NOT THINK THERE IS A BETTER CHOICE. GREAT FOR THE BEDROOM. It wouldn't be my choice for a man cave - it just lacks the ability to shake the house. If you ask my wife it shakes the house just fine. Me personally I WANT PICTURES TO FALL OFF THE WALLS IN MY MAN CAVE. But bluetooth setup couldn't be easier and has is great way to listen to music if not watching TV. So it is multi function and great for a bedroom or family room. IF YOU REALLY WANT INCREDIBLE SURROUND SOUND YOU ALREADY KNOW YOU ARE GONIG TO HAVE TO PAY MORE THAN THIS UNIT COST. FOR THE PRICE IT HAS ALL THE SOUND AND FEATURES YOU COULD ASK FOR. MAX OUT THE BASS and there is no distortion. IT doesn't overpower its speakers but with its small size it DEFINITELY MAKES THE MOST OF WHAT IT HAS.
Date published: 2015-09-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by PR1960 from Soundbar with Wireless Sub The system was easy to install, as well it connect immediately with the system brand TV. For the price is a good buy. It sound excellent.
Date published: 2015-11-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by Maddog6 from My new HW-J550 WOW!!! What a difference. Now I can hear voices. Being older, my wife and I had to use other hearing assistance devices. Now we don't and it's great. We had a very large and expensive soundbar that required a receiver. When our receiver went bad, we were faced with buying a new receiver or buying a new soundbar. Since the other one took up most of our mantle, we decide to give this a try. We have other Samsung products, so we looked at the reviews and prices. This choice was a natural. Plus, this has a wireless sub-woofer. We didn't even need to call the kids or grand kids to help installing it. We followed the easily understood directions. We were surprised that it worked the first time. We are happy with our choice, and would recommend this soundbar to others.
Date published: 2016-04-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sophiesgirl from Soundbar I revd this as a gift and it went together well EXCEPT that the instructions were lacking. But what they lacked, the service dept. provided. Make sure you have time to wait on hold tho! After that it was a snap to set up and I'm very happy with the sound and the remote is very simple to operate. All in all, I'm very happy that we are getting all the sound we need for TV and movies.
Date published: 2016-01-02
Rated 3 out of 5 by Doced57 from Not like good speakers The sound bar is adequate but, the base cabinet really isn't very good. I had Cambridge speakers with base cabinet and I miss the quality of both. I just can't get the depth of the base cabinet to enhance the sound bar...and I just can't get the sound bar coming out of the HDMI output...comes out of the TV only. BeFore I condem this...I will contact support...I know my stuff but, I could be missing something. It is better than just the TV speakers though...
Date published: 2015-09-13
- Detailed Sound, Minimal Clutter
- The 2.1-channel setup elevates your TVs audio to give you an experience thats closer to that of surround sound. Laterally placed speakers produce wider distribution and more realistic depth, creating a sense that the action is unfolding around you. The subwoofer intensifies the effect by adding rumbly low notes that most TVs built-in speakers cant match. With only two components to install, the 2.1-channel setup strikes a much cleaner look than full-blown home theater systems.
- Wireless Subwoofer: Deep Bass, Flexible Location
- The subwoofer heightens the drama of movies and TV shows by sending the thud of footsteps or the roll of thunder rumbling around the room. Its wireless connectivity and single power cord mean it wont contribute to unsightly cable nests. As an active subwoofer, it contains its own speaker driver and amplifier, which results in bigger, more room-filling sound than that from a passive model.
- Bluetooth: Stream Wireless Music, Internet Radio, and Podcasts
- Bluetooth lets you stream wireless music from an enabled mobile device, leaving you free to mingle with guests, clean the house, or do yogaall without interrupting the music. Moreover, Bluetooth plays your favorite songs over the systems speakers, filling the room with richer sound than most smartphones, tablets, or laptops can.
- Product Type: Sound Bar Speaker
- Speaker Configuration: 2.1
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes
- RMS Output Power: 320 W
- Subwoofer Type: Active
- Wireless Speaker(s): Yes
- Sound System: Dolby Digital,DTS 2.0 Channel
- Brand Name: Samsung
- Form Factor: Wall Mountable
- Manufacturer: Samsung
- Home Theater
- Product Model: HW-J550
- Product Name: HW-J550 Soundbar with Wireless Sub
- Manufacturer Part Number: HW-J550/ZA
- Manufacturer Website Address: http://www.samsungusa.com
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.