LG 55" 4K Ultra HD 3D LED TV (55ub9500 )
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
LG 55" 4k Ultra HD 3D LED TV (55ub9500 ) is rated out of 5 by 37.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Good Picture but Difficult to Adjust Settings The edge enhancement distorts images and is truly distracting, shut that feature off. In order to enjoy this television I recommend having it professionally calibrated as the default settings are not good. You can also look up settings at calibration websites. I used two different websites recommendations to arrive at an acceptable viewing experience. The sound is great and the image is perfect once calibrated. The 3D quality is terrible and I cannot recommend it for most programming, however it is better with animation versus live action. Overall it is a good value but I wish the 3D was better. I like the smart TV features and the ease of use since I tend to watch alot of Netflix and Amazon.
Date published: 2015-03-19
Rated 3 out of 5 by swagon60 from Web Browser without Flash Player stinks! I have 3 other LG Smart TV's and they all have flash support on them. This is the first one I've purchased that doesn't have it. If I realized that prior to purchase it would have never happened! I do not like to be told what I can watch and can't watch when I am the purchaser. I suggest you bring the FLASH BACK! This Really Stinks and makes you product CHEAP and USELESS! Why bother to put a browser in it at all. So This is a Not So Smart TV>
Date published: 2015-01-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by Billmelni from Outstanding in all ways! I thought my 2013 55LA9650 had a great picture and it was replaced with the 2014 55UB9500 which far surpasses the 9650 in every way ! Colors are great and the picture is the sharpest I have ever seen for a TV.
Date published: 2014-07-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Only a month, but great tv! You'll get lost in the picture immediately--especially on some of the more intensely graphic scenes. Sometimes you can "see through" the CGI animation and movies look a bit silly, but only because the screen is SO clear. This is an amazing tv at a really good price. I highly recommend it!
Date published: 2014-06-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from LG for LIFE!!! This LG television simply rocks!!! It's visually stimulating being able to enjoy multiple external devices/services via the numerous HDMI connections available.
Date published: 2014-08-21
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Overall it's a good television. Most of the features setup is straightforward but fine tuning the picture parameters took too much time and rework. Why is that important? When I first turned on the unit, I was not pleased with the default settings and the presets were not to my liking. The picture was not 'natural'; I was surprised since I never had that issue with my 6-year old Sony television (top-of-the-line when I bought it). I finally got a good enough picture but frankly it was a pain. I have not seen the result based on a 4K input but I am hopeful the extra cost will be worth it.
Date published: 2015-02-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great product for the money This is a really nice tv, with all the features you could need. I will say that the product does not ship well, and my first one had to be replaced, but customer service will take care of you. Some people don't like the remote control, but it's pretty much the same as using a Wii remote. If you've done that and didn't like it then yeah you might have problems with it. Setup is easy, but finding a good quality picture setting may be a bit of a challenge. I was used to a plasma screen before so the color doesnt ever look good to me, but others who come over say it's got a wonderful picture. Overall, I would recommend the tv if asked. It's a great buy for the price, but I am regretting not getting the larger 65" just because the 3D would look so much better.
Date published: 2015-04-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by GalaxyCDS from Stunning picture While there's very little out there in 4K, the picture this tv delivers from HD content, be it 1080i, 1080p, or 720p, is nothing short of astonishing. Blu-rays look great, my DirecTV looks outstanding, and my Xbox and Playstation look fantastic. I have only two minor quibbles with it, and one may be pilot error. When outputting audio through the Optical Digital connection I'm not getting DTS or Dolby Digital pass through the TV, so I've had to connect my devices to my surround unit individually. And secondly, there is significant light bloom, particularly on black menu screens with white lettering, such as on a PS3. I don't notice it really while watching movies etc, but man is it obvious in menus. Overall I'm beyond impressed with this tv, and am very glad I spent the extra to get it rather than a standard 1080p HD set.
Date published: 2014-09-28
- Witness the breathtaking quality of both 4K resolution and near 4K today: The UB9500 ULTRA HD TV comes equipped with our exclusive Tru ULTRA HD Engine Pro to convert all of your non-4K video to near-4K standards. It offers the latest Smart TV features, so it's easy to enjoy premium entertainment like Amazon Instant Video, Net ix, Hulu Plus and YouTube streamed directly to the TV.
- Product Type: LED-LCD TV
- Scan Format: 2160p
- Standard Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
- Wireless LAN: Yes
- Digital Tuner: ATSC
- Backlight Technology: Edge LED
- VESA Mount Standard: 400 x 400
- Video Signal Standard: 4K UHDTV
- 3D Technology: Polarized
- Product Family: UB9500
- Wi-Di Technology: Yes
- Streaming Service: YouTube,Netflix,HuluPlus,Amazon Instant Video
- 3D Type: 3D
- Motion Interpolation Technology: Ultra Clarity Index 1500
- Smart TV: Yes
- Total Number of HDMI Ports: 4
- Color: Black
- Sound System: Dolby Digital,DTS
- Maximum Resolution: 3840 x 2160
- Brand Name: LG
- Screen Size: 55"
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Ethernet: Yes
- USB: Yes
- HDMI: Yes
- Weight with Stand (Approximate): 52.50 lb
- RMS Output Power: 35 W
- Height with Stand: 30.80"
- Width with Stand: 48.50"
- Depth with Stand: 10.20"
- Energy Consumption per Year: 166 kWh
- PC Streaming: Yes
- Internet Access: Yes
- Height: 28.9"
- Width: 48.5"
- Depth: 2.4"
- Product Series: UB9500
- Features: Web Browser,Mobile High Definition Link (MHL),In-plane Switching (IPS) Technology
- Manufacturer: LG Electronics
- Product Model: 55UB9500
- Product Name: 55" Class (54.6" Diagonal) UHD 4K Smart 3D LED TV W/WEBOS
- Manufacturer Part Number: 55UB9500
- Manufacturer Website Address: http://www.lg.com/us
- Weight (Approximate): 50.90 lb
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.