Art.com A Sunday on La Grande Jatte 1884-86 by Georges Seurat Stretched Canvas Print, 24" H by 36" W
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
No reviews found
- A Sunday on La Grande Jatte 1884, 1884-86 by Georges Seurat is a Stretched Canvas Print. Although his work was originally scorned, the founder of the Neo-Impressionist movement of the late 19th century, Georges Seurat (1859-1891) is considered one of France's great master artists. Creating a groundbreaking but incredibly time intensive style called Pointillism, Seurat rejected broad brushstrokes of mixed color, substituting tiny points of pure color which the observer's eye blended in to images. Utilizing elaborate, scientifically devised linear structures and geometric order, Seurat's style is somewhat akin to that of Rembrandt in his experimentation with color theories and linear structures. After Seurat's art was rejected by the Salon, he joined with other artists to found the Society for Independent Artists to exhibit their works. This stretched canvas print is the result of sophisticated digital printing technology in which the image is printed directly onto an artist-grade, 100% cotton canvas. The canvas is then expertly stretched around wooden bars and carefully finished. An acrylic coating protects the stunning giclee print from dust, moisture and fading. Handcrafted in the USA. Mounting hardware is included.
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.