NuTone 8663RP Decorative 100 CFM Ceiling Exhaust Fan with Light - White
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
NuTone 8663RP Decorative 100 CFM Ceiling Exhaust Fan with Light - White is rated out of 5 by 33.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Pizone from Attractive design; relatively quiet operation of exhaust fan; decent lighting for our bathroom The only issue I have with this light/fan is the grille assembly. One rarely looks up at the ceiling while taking a shower; one day I did and discovered that the grille was hanging on my only one tab that attaches to to a tension spring. It could have been a disaster if both tabs had given out at the same; it would have caused the glass portion within the grille to break. We discovered that the tab was broken. We can't explain how, because since purchasing and installing, we have not had to change bulbs. And even if we did, the assembly is designed to pull down for easy access to night/bath light.
Date published: 2014-07-05
Rated 1 out of 5 by newowner from Noisy as heck, difficult to remove grille to replace bulb This was installed in 12/2014 in a newly constructed house I purchased. Right away, I noticed this fan is incredibly noisy. If you lightly push on the grille, it will quiet down somewhat. The grill is difficult to remove. Once I did manage to get it removed, I noticed the thin, cheap construction of this fan. It is obviously a contractor grade, no more no less. I've stayed in motels with quieter units than this. I do not recommend it.
Date published: 2015-05-16
Rated 1 out of 5 by Mickey from Not the quality and preformance of what they used to be. The construction of the fans housing assemblies, are flimsy, and thin. Which lead to constant vibration. I have also had to replace the fans (made in China) due to noise, and even the replacements are loud. They aren't made to last more then a few years, and I am one to take preventive maintenance by vacuuming, and cleaning the fans at least twice a year. No to mention constantly blowing light bulbs from the amount of vibration from the fan. Changing to a different model, of course requires the ceiling to be re-plastered.
Date published: 2014-09-05
Rated 1 out of 5 by Reshy from Loud fan Bought a new 8663rp nutone bathroom fan with light assembly because old one was really noisy. After installing new fan it's just as noisy as old fan. Why would this keep happening? Is this product just bad old or new?
Date published: 2015-03-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by crazylady from works good not made correctly had a noise/vibration took it a part a couple times had to realign the mounting holes, my husband place a screw between the motor cover and the housing and it stopped the vibration, its a good product for the money this is the second one I have had in the past 20 years had my bathroom redone and contractor suggested putting a new one in that was in 2000 replace this one short time ago and it made noise after a short period of time nutone replace motor assm. under warranty
Date published: 2014-09-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by General18505 from Perfect! Just put in my 3rd #8663rp in ten years. Apparently earlier models wore out faster than they should have--something slipped down, causing the fan to sound like a WWI fighter airplane. Nutone has ssupposedly fixed the problem with current-production models--we shall see. Anyway, the customer service representative was very helpful. He sent me a FREE a replacement blower/fan right away which took about ten minutes for me to install--not too bad. Excellent customer service, I would say.
Date published: 2015-04-07
Rated 2 out of 5 by Bobkro11 from Noise, lack of air movement Fan is exceptionally noisy!! Exhibits very little air movement, eg barely moves the smoke from a match held close to the fan inlets.
Date published: 2014-03-10
Rated 3 out of 5 by EW40 from average fan This is the second unit I have installed. The first only lasted about 3 years - not nearly enough for a $100 + investment. This new unit is about 1 yr old and already beginning to make off motor noises again so I am not hopeful it will last long. The light it gives off is very good but the motor and air movement is less than desired. Noise level, when working properly, is pretty quiet.
Date published: 2014-09-06
- White polymeric grille impervious to bathroom climate
- Rugged, galvanized steel housing stands up to moisture
- Uses a centrifugal blower wheel for quiet ventilation
- May be wired for simultaneous or separate fan light operation
- Tapered duct adapter with built-in damper for easy installation to 4 in. duct
- 100 CFM quickly reduces humidity to help eliminate fogged mirrors
- Thermally protected motor easily plugs in
- The NuTone Deluxe 100 CFM Bath Fan with Light features a motor that is permanently lubricated, surrounded by steel housing and designed for plug-in use to provide reliable operation. The fan uses one 100-Watt bulb and one 7-Watt bulb for primary and night-time lighting (sold separately). The motor operates at 3-1/2 sones for efficiency.
- Air Volume (CFM): 100
- Bath Fan Features: Light,Nightlight
- Bulb(s) Included: No
- Ceiling or Wall Installation: Ceiling
- Color Family: White
- Duct Compatible Sizes: 4 in
- Fan Sound Level (Sones): 3.5
- Housing Material: Galvanized Steel
- Mounting Style: Recessed
- Number of Bulbs Required: 2
- Recommended Bulb Type: 100W Incandescent; 7W Nightlight
- Wattage (watts): 100
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.