NuTone ARN80L InVent Series 80 CFM Ceiling Exhaust Bath Fan with Light
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
NuTone ARN80L InVent Series 80 CFM Ceiling Exhaust Bath Fan with Light is rated out of 5 by 12.
Rated 3 out of 5 by Obtuse from Grill cover is a pain As with everyone else, grill cover was a royal pain. I ended up wrapping a thin piece of wire round and round the opening of the plastic slot holding the spring, basically closing it up. But then actually getting the springs into the housing was also very frustrating. After getting the first side in, it took five minutes of working blind on the other side till I got lucky and it popped in. Otherwise, it was a good install in an already existing ceiling and I didn't have to go into the attic. So because of the grill cover issue I can only lukewarmly recommend it. I often wonder if the people who design these things ever bother to actually install them.
Date published: 2017-01-17
Rated 1 out of 5 by 2272 from Dont waist your time or money The directions are awful. It says does not need to go in Attic....WRONG!!! We had to go into our attic multiple times to try and get the box and tubing to work. The tube for the ventilation was to big for existing and there was no adaptor provided or at the hardware stores in my area to fit, so had to make due with a make shift tube and lots of tape. The to top it all off---The cover will NOT go on!!! Tried over and over and it will NOT go on!!! If we didn't have it all messed up from install we would return this product in a heartbeat!!! Unfortunately we are stuck with it. If we cant find a way to get cover/light on...we are going to have to start with square one and purchase another brand! Money we don't have!
Date published: 2016-12-26
Rated 1 out of 5 by Joel from cover very difficult to install The fan itself was not difficult to install and the install time was fast. But when it came time to install the cover I found the method ludicrous. As a matter of fact I have still not installed the cover, which also holds the light as it is held in place with 2 springs. These springs are extremely difficult to compress and it is also difficult to get your fingers there. As a matter of fact I have to order new springs, which I jave not done yet. While the cost of the springs are reasonable, the cost of the shipping is outrageous. I had previously in our other bathroom installed another nutone fan that was a breeze to install as the cover was a screw in. Why couldn't the same be done with this fan? VERY DISSAPOINTED
Date published: 2016-04-26
Rated 1 out of 5 by NHhomeowner from Cant Recommned 1. I had the same problem as noted many times with the spring clips. I spent almost an hour trying to get them to work and then had to wait a week for the new springs to arrive. It was still difficult, but I finally was able to get the "Improved" clips to work. 2. I bought the fan because it was supposed to be quiet (.8 sone). However, after only about a month of use it is now very loud including a "banging sound". 3. Nutone sent out new parts without problem, but they should stop selling this fan until they fix the known issues.
Date published: 2017-01-03
Rated 1 out of 5 by Bill2016 from Cover is very difficult to install I agree with Joel from Boston. The install went fine until the last part, trying to put the grill cover on. The spring system is a horrible design. It took two of us to try to get the springs to work and ultimately I had to add some additional wires to get it to work. The fan and light work great but I easily would have opted for another product had I known what the last couple of steps would be like.
Date published: 2016-08-29
Rated 1 out of 5 by Bob07082 from Cover Grille Issues The installation of the box was very easy. All of the difficulty comes with getting the springs of the light unit to elevate without popping loose. The only time I was able to get the light fixture up it promptly sagged when I removed my hands. A very frustrating step (still not completed)
Date published: 2016-11-20
Rated 2 out of 5 by Fustrated from Cover is impossible to install properly I agree with the others who had an impossible time installing the cover. I spent time in my cold attic and thought this would be the easiest step. How wrong I was. I still cant get it to stay up on the ceiling. If I hadn't spent so much time installing the fan I would return it.
Date published: 2016-12-03
Rated 1 out of 5 by Stan from Cover cannot be installed An otherwise good product spoiled by badly designed cover installation springs. After many attempts still could not install the cover. DO NOT BUY THIS FAN UNTIL COVER INSTALLATION ISSUES HAVE BEEN RESOLVED.
Date published: 2016-12-08
- Foldable mounting ears allow for easy installation in both new construction and room side replacement applications
- EZ duct connector can be installed from the room side, with no attic access required
- When closed the new damper technology forms a tighter seal, greatly reducing cold and warm air backdrafts
- 80 CFM fan speed circulates air and helps reduce moisture in the bathroom, operating quietly at 0.8 sones
- Uses 1 bulb up to 100-Watt (not included)
- UL listed for use over tub or shower when connected to a GFCI protected branch circuit
- 4 in. duct
- NuTone InVent Series White 80 CFM Exhaust Bath Fan with Light offers easy, room side installation, with "No Attic Access Required". Ceiling mounted ventilation fan features foldable mounting ears and EZ Duct connector for easy installation. New duct damper technology provides a tighter seal, resulting in reduced warm and cold air backdrafts. This fan operates at 80 CFM and 0.8 Sones.
- Air Volume (CFM): 80
- Bath Fan Features: Light
- Ceiling or Wall Installation: Ceiling
- Color Family: White
- Duct Compatible Sizes: 4 in
- Fan Sound Level (Sones): 0.8
- Housing Material: Galvanized Steel
- Mounting Style: Recessed
- Number of Bulbs Required: 1
- Recommended Bulb Type: A19 Base
- Wattage (watts): 26.9
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.