Alvord Polk 9/16" Left Hand Spiral Flute High-Speed Steel Hand Reamer
Sorry, this item is no longer available.
Search our site to find another great deal. But hurry! With our low prices, we sell out fast!
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
- Left-hand spiral reamers are good for use in through holes (holes that extend all the way through a workpiece), as they push chips ahead of the tool and into the hole
- Spiral reamers are recommended for reaming holes with interruptions, as they prevent damage to the workpiece edge and tool
- Hand reamers fit into a tap wrench, adjustable hand wrench, or standard tap/reamer chucks
- Uncoated (bright) tools have no finish or coating. They are a good choice for general purpose applications
- High-speed steel is a common general purpose steel for cutting tools, is compatible with a variety of materials, and tends to be lower in price than cobalt steel or carbide
- The Alvord Polk 101-2 left-hand spiral flute reamer is tool made of high-speed steel with no finish or coating, and is most commonly chosen for reaming interrupted cuts by hand. Left-hand spiral reamers are useful for interrupted cuts and in through holes. Spiral reamers prevent whole flute contact with the leading edge in an interrupted cut, as in a keyway. This prevents damage to the interruption and reamer flute. Left-hand spiral style tools also push chips ahead of the tip of the tool, instead of pulling chips out of a hole. Left-hand spiral reamers are also useful when reaming through holes, since pushing chips into the hole can cause clogging, which may damage the tool. High-speed steel is a general purpose steel for cutting tools and is compatible with many metalworking materials. It is often lower in price than other cutting tool materials. Right-hand cut tools rotate counterclockwise as they cut, when viewed facing the tip of the tool. Hand reamers have a different shank type
- Alvord Polk
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.