Alvord Polk 9/16" Left Hand Spiral Flute High-Speed Steel Hand Reamer
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
No reviews found
- Left-hand spiral reamers are good for use in through holes (holes that extend all the way through a workpiece), as they push chips ahead of the tool and into the hole
- Spiral reamers are recommended for reaming holes with interruptions, as they prevent damage to the workpiece edge and tool
- Hand reamers fit into a tap wrench, adjustable hand wrench, or standard tap/reamer chucks
- Uncoated (bright) tools have no finish or coating. They are a good choice for general purpose applications
- High-speed steel is a common general purpose steel for cutting tools, is compatible with a variety of materials, and tends to be lower in price than cobalt steel or carbide
- The Alvord Polk 101-2 left-hand spiral flute reamer is tool made of high-speed steel with no finish or coating, and is most commonly chosen for reaming interrupted cuts by hand. Left-hand spiral reamers are useful for interrupted cuts and in through holes. Spiral reamers prevent whole flute contact with the leading edge in an interrupted cut, as in a keyway. This prevents damage to the interruption and reamer flute. Left-hand spiral style tools also push chips ahead of the tip of the tool, instead of pulling chips out of a hole. Left-hand spiral reamers are also useful when reaming through holes, since pushing chips into the hole can cause clogging, which may damage the tool. High-speed steel is a general purpose steel for cutting tools and is compatible with many metalworking materials. It is often lower in price than other cutting tool materials. Right-hand cut tools rotate counterclockwise as they cut, when viewed facing the tip of the tool. Hand reamers have a different shank type
- Alvord Polk
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.