Alvord Polk High-Speed Steel Chucking Reamer - Size: 12.0 mm (127-1)
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
No reviews found
- Right-hand spiral reamers are good for use in blind holes (holes that do not extend all the way through a workpiece), as they pull chips up and out of the hole.
- Spiral flute reamers are recommended for reaming holes with interruptions, as they prevent damage to the workpiece edge and tool.
- Round shank tools are cylindrical and should be held in a good-quality toolholder in order to prevent the reamer from slipping in high torque applications, which can cause tool freeze, loss of accuracy, and tool damage.
- (Bright) tools have no finish or coating. They are a good choice for general purpose applications.
- High-speed steel is a common general purpose steel for cutting tools, is compatible with a variety of materials, and tends to be lower in price than cobalt steel or carbide.
- The Alvord Polk 127-1 right-hand spiral chucking reamer (also called a machine reamer) is a general purpose round shank tool made of high-speed steel with no finish or coating, and is most commonly chosen for reaming interrupted cuts. This tool can be used in a drill press, screw machine, lathe, or other good-quality toolholder.Right-hand spiral reamers are useful for interrupted cuts and in blind holes. Spiral reamers prevent whole flute contact with the leading edge in an interrupted cut, as in a keyway. This prevents damage to the interruption and the reamer flute. Right-hand spiral style tools also pull chips away from the tip of the tool, instead of driving chips in front of the tool. Right-hand spiral reamers are also useful when reaming blind holes, since pulling chips out of the hole prevents clogging, which may cause tool damage.
- Finish Types: Uncoated (Bright)
- Number of Items: 1
- Cutting Direction: Right Hand
- Flute Length: 2 inches
- Flute Type: right hand spiral
- Number of Flutes: 6
- Outside Diameter: 0.4724 inches
- Overall Length: 8 inches
- Shank Type: Round
- Shank Width: .4355-.4345 inches
- Size: 12.0 mm
- System of Measurement: Metric
- Alvord Polk
- Chucking Reamer
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.