Broan S97012038 Replacement Motor & Impeller for 659/678 Ventilation Fans
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
Broan S97012038 Replacement Motor & Impeller for 659/678 Ventilation Fans is rated out of 5 by 5.
Rated 3 out of 5 by Tobby from Fits but not a great fan The box at Lowes for this model (BP27) shows that it also fits Broan model #688 - A through E. As you can see from this website above Broan does not list this model. It fits and runs just like the old motor, however, I am not convinced that the fan blades (new in the box) are operating as efficiently as the original fan which is similar but has a sealed top and is a bit thicker. The shaft spline is different so the old fan blade won't fit. It does run as quiet as the original equipment. Gave it three stars as it is worth a try at only $15+/- and may work better in other Broan models. Would have liked to use the old fan blades though.
Date published: 2013-05-19
Rated 4 out of 5 by SteveS from Fits many other products as well As many other sites note, fan motors are very similar across a number of brands. You do need to watch for spline length and fan type. I found this unit works with a very old, discontinued vent fan by Air-o Fan - a fan unit from the 1970's and labeled as 605 for a 600 unit. However, one required change - the fan goes CW and not CCW. Happily, this is very easy to change: just remove the 2 long screws holding the motor ends together, move the pieces so it face the opposite direction and reinstall the screws. Voila, CW. Otherwise, it fit perfectly! Agree that the air volume isn't wonderful, but it's decent and saved ripping out the ceiling of the bathroom for our discontinued fan model.
Date published: 2015-10-15
Rated 1 out of 5 by k9quila from Very low air flow Installation and motor are great. Replacement fan blade moves very little air. Simply put toilet paper infront of grill and it is easy to test the air flow, the TP barely stays up against the grill, really, seriously.
Date published: 2013-11-11
Rated 1 out of 5 by Handy777 from Very noisy after 1 to 2 minutes in use When the fan is first powered on, it runs very quiet. After it has been running for 1 minute or 2, it becomes very loud. It is like running a air compressor in the bathroom. This is my second unit. The first unit, I thought it was just a defected unit and I went to store to exchange a new one. The new unit has same problem. I even noticed recently that it stopped for a few seconds, then re-start on its own.
Date published: 2016-02-13
Rated 4 out of 5 by SometimesItWorks from Replacement for Generic Fan The motor in my powder room needed to be replaced. It was a generic build by the builder 25 years ago. Kudos to Broan for keeping the design constant. If I need a new complete build, I will go to them. Installation was easy (though I needed to get additional motor nuts (lock nuts).
Date published: 2014-07-02
- Can be easily installed in existing housing
- Blade included with motor and easily assembled
- Use with your Broan 659 or 678 ventilation fan allowing efficient performance
- Splinted shaft construction
- Update your bathroom with help from the Broan Replacement Motor and Impeller. It features 50 CFM to reduce moisture and help prevent mildew. Sone rating vary by model number currently installed and may range from 2.5 to 4.0 sones. Simple to assemble and installation is effortless.
- Brand/Model Compatibility: Current Broan Model 659,670, 678, 688
- Maximum Air Volume (CFM): 50
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.