Dormer E011 M6-0.50 Plug Chamfer Powdered Metal Spiral Point Threading Tap
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
No reviews found
- Spiral point and straight flutes for cutting threads in through holes
- Spiral point pushes chips ahead of tool to reduce clogging
- Powdered-metal steel for performance approaching that of solid carbide tools, with the toughness and shock-resistance of high-speed steel
- Black oxide finish improves lubricity, resists corrosion, and helps prevent buildup
- Plug chamfer for easier starting and correct perpendicular alignment
- The Dormer MTT-X E001/MTT-X E011 powdered-metal steel spiral point tap has a round shank with a square end, black oxide finish, and a plug chamfer, and is used to create metric right-hand threads in a number of materials, with best performance in steel. It is available in two different thread specification standards: Metric Coarse (M) or Metric Fine (MF). The spiral point of this tap (sometimes referred to as a ?gun tap?) pushes chips ahead of the tool and the straight flutes reduce clogging. Both characteristics make it suitable for threading through holes (extending through the workpiece). The black oxide finish improves lubricity, resists corrosion, and will not chip or flake. It also helps to prevent buildup and welding of material on the tap?s cutting edge when working with iron and steel. The plug chamfer distributes cutting to ease tapping at the beginning of the hole and to maintain correct perpendicular alignment with the workpiece.
- Threading Tap
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.