Gates Hi-Power II PowerBand V-Belt with V-80 Matching Program (5/B144)
Sorry, this item is no longer available.
Search our site to find another great deal. But hurry! With our low prices, we sell out fast!
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
- EPDM for resistance to weathering, oils, water, and some solvents
- Cords bonded to the body for equal load distribution and reduced bending stress
- Concave sidewalls for even distribution of wear
- PowerBand tie band for lateral strength and staying on track
- V80 matching program for precisely-matched sizes in varying belt types
This Gates Hi-Power II belt is a power transmission V-belt for single or multiple V-belt drives. It is made of EPDM (ethylene propylene diene monomer) rubber for resistance to weathering, oils, water, and some solvents. Its cords are bonded to the body are strongly bonded to the body of the belt for equal load distribution and reducing bending stress without deterioration of the cord. Its concave sidewalls provide cord support and full contact with the sheave groove for equal loading and uniform wear. A high-strength tie band permanently joins two or more belts to provide lateral rigidity, guiding the belt in a straight line and preventing it from coming off the drive. This PowerBand construction allows multiple belts to function as a single unit, with even load distribution and each strand fitting securely in the sheave groove. Hi-Power II belts are part of Gates' V80 matching system, which guarantees that all belts of the same type and size will be more precisely matched than the Rubber Manufacturers Association (RMA) and International Standards Organization (ISO) standards require. The result is even load distribution on multi-belt drives and better wear. This V-belt meets RMA oil and heat resistance standards and static conductivity requirements and is suitable for use in drives in which single belts tend to vibrate, turn over, or jump off the drive.
V-belts, also called fan belts in automotive applications, link two or more rotating shafts to transmit power in a drive system. The trapezoidal shape of the belt's cross section wedges into the groove of a similarly shaped sheave or pulley to provide traction and alignment. This wedging action increases as the load increases, providing higher torque transmission and minimal slippage. V-belts are standard for belt-driven power transmission and can be used in single- or multi-belt systems for increased carrying power. They are found in drive systems in the automotive, agricultural, textile, printing, mining, and office equipment industries, among others.
Gates manufactures power transmission and fluid transfer components and systems. The company, founded in 1917, is headquartered in Denver, CO.
- Brand Name: Gates
- Part Number: 5/B144
- UPC: 072053285147
- Material Type: Elastomer
- System of Measurement: Inch
- Overall Width: 21/32 inches
- Trade Size: 5/B144
- EAN :0072053285147
- Inside Width: 3-9/32 inches
- Item Weight: 10.7 pounds
- Outside Diameter: 147.0 inches
- Overall Height: 13/32 inches
- Size 5 Strands
- Style Name: B Section
- UNSPSC Code: 26111801
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.