Martin 14.5 Pressure Angle Cast Iron Worm Gear (W1218)
Sorry, this item is no longer available.
Search our site to find another great deal. But hurry! With our low prices, we sell out fast!
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
- Right-hand, single-thread gear for a worm drive
- ASTM A48 Class 30 gray cast iron for resistance to wear, galling, and corrosion
- Pressure angle of 14.5 degrees for smoother, quieter movement and lower frictional forces
- Meets AGMA commercial class standards
- This Martin worm gear is a right-hand, single-thread gear for a worm drive to increase the torque of a driven shaft. It is made of American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) A48 Class 30 gray cast iron for resistance to wear, galling, and corrosion on. It has a pressure angle of 14.5 degrees for smoother, quieter movement and lower frictional forces. This gear meets American Gear Manufacturing Association (AGMA) standards 6-8 for commercial class gears. Worm gears, also called worm drives, use a long, threaded cylinder called a worm that meshes with the teeth of a worm wheel (similar to a spur gear) to transmit motion. They can be used in a right-angle configuration. The worm wheel is unable to turn the worm, providing a built-in lock or a braking system. They are quieter than spur gears, low maintenance, and suitable in applications that require increased torque and reduced speed, or when changing the rotation direction.
- Worm Gear
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.