Martin 14.5 Pressure Angle Cast Iron Worm Gear (W1218)
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
No reviews found
- Right-hand, single-thread gear for a worm drive
- ASTM A48 Class 30 gray cast iron for resistance to wear, galling, and corrosion
- Pressure angle of 14.5 degrees for smoother, quieter movement and lower frictional forces
- Meets AGMA commercial class standards
- This Martin worm gear is a right-hand, single-thread gear for a worm drive to increase the torque of a driven shaft. It is made of American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) A48 Class 30 gray cast iron for resistance to wear, galling, and corrosion on. It has a pressure angle of 14.5 degrees for smoother, quieter movement and lower frictional forces. This gear meets American Gear Manufacturing Association (AGMA) standards 6-8 for commercial class gears. Worm gears, also called worm drives, use a long, threaded cylinder called a worm that meshes with the teeth of a worm wheel (similar to a spur gear) to transmit motion. They can be used in a right-angle configuration. The worm wheel is unable to turn the worm, providing a built-in lock or a braking system. They are quieter than spur gears, low maintenance, and suitable in applications that require increased torque and reduced speed, or when changing the rotation direction.
- Worm Gear
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.