Palmetto PTFE Graphite Aramid Compression Packing Seal - Black
Sorry, this item is no longer available.
Search our site to find another great deal. But hurry! With our low prices, we sell out fast!
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
- Compression packing seal protects pumps and other equipment from fluid leaks in abrasive slurry applications
- Interwoven braid of ePTFE, graphite, and a proprietary aramid blend provides chemical resistance, high thermal conductivity, and reduced scoring
- Lubricant extends packing life by reducing break-in time and frictional heat
- Maximum pressure limit of 500 psi in pumps; 2,500 psi in plunger pumps
- Maximum operating temperature of 500 degrees F (260 degrees C)
- 5/8" Square, 10' Length
- This Palmetto style PE1082 expanded PTFE, aramid, and graphite compression packing seal protects pumps and other equipment from fluid leaks in abrasive slurry applications. The interwoven braided packing seal is made of expanded polytetrafluoroethylene (ePTFE), graphite, and Palmetto?s proprietary material (Zenar) containing aramid with a coating of ultra-pure graphite particles and PTFE. This combination of materials provides a seal with high strength and less risk of scoring the shaft than seals made from traditional aramid fibers. ePTFE is a strong, flexible material that exhibits the same characteristics as polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), such as low friction and resistance to harsh chemicals, but has a more porous, conformable structure that accepts lubricant better and helps reduce leak-off in applications with irregular surfaces and gaps. Graphite resists high temperatures and pressures, exhibits a low coefficient of friction, and transfers heat away from the shaft to prevent gl
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.