Union Butterfield 1534NR UNF High Speed Steel Spiral Point Tap
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
No reviews found
- Spiral point tap pushes chips ahead of tool to reduce clogging
- Spiral point with straight flutes for cutting threads in through holes
- Non-relieved design for applications requiring close gauging fits, for manual feed rate applications, or for use on older equipment
- Round shank with square end helps to minimize rotation in the tool holder
- The Union Butterfield 1534NR(UNF) uncoated, high-speed steel spiral point tap has a non-relieved design, straight flutes, and a round shank with a square end, and is used to create right-hand threads in a range of materials. The spiral point of this tap (sometimes referred to as a ?gun tap") pushes chips ahead of the tool and the straight flutes reduce clogging. Both characteristics make it suitable for threading through holes (extending through the workpiece). The non-relieved design of this series has concentric threads without pitch diameter relief. It is recommended for applications requiring close gauging fits and in older equipment that is not sufficiently rigid to accomodate the relieved-style series of spiral pointed taps.
- Union Butterfield
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.