1/2" 135 Degree Point Angle R40C Steel Drill Bit - 6-Pack - Black
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
No reviews found
- NAS 907 type C standards, used in the aerospace industry
- Short-length, for better rigidity and increased strength
- 135-degree split-point angle is self-centering, reduces walking, good for hard material and reduces pressure on cutting edges
- Steam Tempering (back oxide), retains cutting fluid and prevents chip to tool welding
- High-speed steel (HSS), for use on a wide variety of materials
- The Precision Twist R40C stub length drill, is a round shank drill bit made of HSS with a steam tempered (also called black oxide) finish. It is suitable for drilling to a depth up to two-and-half-times the diameter of the drill. The shank diameter is the same as the drill size. Best performance with drilling into hardened, tempered alloy steel, stainless steel, cast iron, and titanium. The R40C series was designed for aircraft industry, but also works well for drilling into a variety of materials. The short length and 135-degree split-point drill geometry provide extra rigidity and ensure an accurate hole by reducing walking when the hole is started. The finish retains lubricants to aid in wear resistance and chip flow. HSS assures good performance at an economical cost. Drilling, or hole making, is the most common metalworking operation in the world. Twist drill bits are the most common type of drill bit used. Twist drill bits are commonly used to drill holes with hand-operated drill
- Cutting Diameter: 1/2 inches
- Cutting Length: 2-1/4 inches
- Flute Length: 2-1/4 inches
- Style Name: Stub
- System of Measurement: Inch
- Size: 1/2 in
- Outside Diameter: .5000 inches
- Material Type: High-Speed Steel
- Finish Types: Black Oxide
- Cutting Angle: 135 Degrees
- Cutting Direction: Right-Hand
- Precision Twist
- Drill Bit
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.