Cleveland 2228 Size #1 High Speed Steel Jobber-length Drill Bit - 12 Pack
Sorry, this item is no longer available.
Search our site to find another great deal. But hurry! With our low prices, we sell out fast!
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
- 118-degree split-point angles are self-centering, to reduce walking, good for hard material, and to reduce pressure on cutting edges
- High-speed steel (HSS), for use on a wide variety of materials
- Jobber-length, for a wide range of applications
- Uncoated (bright), for use with a wide range of drilling materials
- NAS 907 Rev. 14 type A standards, for use in the aerospace industry
- The Cleveland 2228 heavy-duty jobber length, high-speed steel (HSS) drill bit has a 30-degree helix angle, with a 118-degree split-point and uncoated surface treatment, which is designed for general purpose drilling applications. Conforms to NAS 907 Rev. 14 type A specifications. The shank diameter is the same as the drill size. The 2228 series performs best when drilling into low and med carbon steel, magnesium, aluminum, and stainless steel. The uncoated finish helps increase chip flow in soft materials. Spiral flutes act as a passageway for chip extraction from the hole and for coolant to enter the hole. The twist of the flutes brings chips up and away from the cutting edge. 118-degree drill point reduces walking when starting a hole and penetrates more easily than a convention point. Round shanks allow use with a wide variety of tool holding systems. While the 2228 series was designed for the aircraft industry, it works well for other drilling applications. Made of HSS, one of the
- Cutting Angle: 118 Degrees
- Cutting Direction: Right-Hand
- Shank Type: Round
- Flute Type: Spiral
- Drill Bit
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.