Cleveland 2331G 4.9mm High Speed Steel Short Length Drill Bit - Pack of 12
No reviews found
- 135-degree point angle for centering and to reduce pressure on cutting edges
- Vanadium steel for greater heat resistance than high-speed steel (HSS)
- Black oxide improves lubricity, resists corrosion, and resists flaking. It also helps prevent buildup and welding of material on the tool's cutting edge when machining iron and steel.
- Short length offers the greatest rigidity of the various drill bit lengths
- The Cleveland 2331G, also called CLE-MAX 2331G, is a short-length, vanadium steel drill bit with a 30-degree helix angle, a 135-degree point angle, and black oxide surface treatment, for general-purpose drilling applications. The 2331G series was designed for use in the aircraft industry, but is also suitable for other drilling applications. The shank diameter is the same as the drill size.The 2331G drill bit can be used on most materials, but is most suitable for drilling into various steels and cast iron. Black oxide improves lubricity, resists corrosion, and resists flaking. It also helps prevent buildup and welding of material on the tool's cutting edge when machining iron and steel. Spiral flutes act as a passageway for chip removal and for coolant to enter the hole. The twist of the flutes brings chips up and away from the cutting edge. The 135-degree drill point reduces walking when starting a hole and penetrates more easily than a convention point. Round shanks allow use with a
- Material Type: High-Speed Steel
- Finish Types: Black Oxide
- Cutting Angle: 135 Degrees
- Cutting Direction: Right-Hand
- Flute Type: Spiral
- Shank Type: Round
- Drill Bit
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.