Milwaukee 5 in 3 Amp Corded Random Orbit Palm Sander - Red (6034-21)
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
Milwaukee 5 in 3 Amp Corded Random Orbit Palm Sander - Red (6034-21) is rated out of 5 by 11.
Rated 3 out of 5 by Anonymous from decent sander I use this as a start to finish sander on may projects from chests to small items. I like the speed control and the large exhaust port. It seems to pick up a lot dust under its own power. The dust bag fills up quick. Not so great. Well it needs to be in constant contact with work surface even a little lift will cause the base to speed up to a unstable Rpm. and you need to shut off the unit let it stop spinning and put it on the material again start it up. considering the switch is not easy to always turn on or off. I do not know whose vacuum hoses they tried these on but they are the same size as my vacuum hoses either 2.25 or 1.25 same Diameter. I have not be able to find an adapter that does not take the size I need to hook this up to a dust collector without a 4 inch outport.
Date published: 2013-10-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Durable, comfortable, and dependable This sander does a great job of removing planer marks and general sanding of fairly large surfaces. This thing is durable.... I have dropped it off my work bench several times and even once it made it to the bottom of the stairs with no harm done. I have used this sander for very prolonged peroids of time with little hand fatigue. The pad has lasted an incredibly long time, with another brand I owned, the velcro on the pad got sticky and fell off within a few months of use. The only con I can think of is that it is a bit loud, but so are other brands of similar design.
Date published: 2015-01-16
Rated 2 out of 5 by Anonymous from Good tool but trouble I was only able to complete one job with this sander before the hook n loop pad stopped holding the sandpaper. Now I have to buy a replacement pad. Not good when you consider Milwaukee' s "tool - reputation". I'll definitely buy a new sander, (not Milwaukee), from someone else.
Date published: 2012-07-12
Rated 3 out of 5 by Anonymous from Hook and loop pads wear out too fast. I've been using this tool for finish sanding of outdoor furniture and it's great except the hook and loop pad stopped holding pads after about 8 hours of heavy use. Replacements aren't expensive but unavailable from stores or the website and ordering through an authorized repair center takes 10 days so basically my project is on hold. If I was a professional, I'd be buying a new sander immediately and it wouldn't be from Milwaukee.
Date published: 2012-06-27
Rated 2 out of 5 by Anonymous from Poor hook & loop pad Very poor hook and loop pad. Will be ordering a third pad after very short time of use. Hope they improve this replacement part. Sander attached to shop vac does control alot of the dust but only when the sanding disk isn't sailing across the room. Would not purchase this sander again.
Date published: 2013-07-25
Rated 3 out of 5 by Anonymous from High maintenance The hook and loop pads do not last long. After 80-100 hours of use, I have replaced the pad twice, and now a bearing has failed. I would not buy this tool again.
Date published: 2013-04-11
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Best 5" random orbit sander out there Tool works great but it just failed on me for no reason....so its about 2 years old and i used it for a few jobs....it will not turn on....i couldnt wait i got a dewalt because it has the varible speed but i dont like it at all compared to milwaukee's .....i gotta send it our for a reapir but i still love the machine
Date published: 2012-06-01
Rated 1 out of 5 by Anonymous from poor poor quality I bought this sander to replace a porter cable I had been using for many years to prep walls, within the first month had to replace the bearing. Put back to use, first job bearing went bad again.
Date published: 2014-11-12
- Power Source
- Corded Electric
- 3.0 Amp permanent magnet motor - delivers constant speed and power under load
- Variable speed dial - adjustable sanding speed, provides maximum control and a smooth finish
- Universal vacuum hose adapter - easily connects to all vacuum hoses sizes (1-1/4 in., 1-7/16 in., 1-1/2 in., 1-7/8 in., 1-15/16 in., 2-1/2 in.)
- Electronic soft start - controls start up speed, to eliminate swirls marks
- Anti-vibration design - provides ultimate comfort and control during use
- Plastic dust canister with filter - durable plastic canister, provides efficient dust collection
- Universal hook and loop and PSA PAD systems that accept both types of 5 in. sanding discs
- The Milwaukee 5 in. Random Orbit Sander features variable speeds of 7000-12,000 OPM, so you can match the speed to the application. Its 3 Amp permanent magnet motor produces dependable speed and power. Use this sander to achieve a fine, swirl-free finish on anything on which you're working. For maximum compatibility the universal hose adaptor allows for connections from all vacuum hose sizes. The plastic dust canister with filter provides efficient dust collection and increased durability.
- Amperage (amps): 3
- Cord Length (ft.): 54
- Cordless/ Corded: Corded
- Dust collection type: Bag
- Speed (rpm): 12000
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.