Kensun Hid Xenon Conversion Kit "all Bulb Sizes And Colors" With Premium Ballasts - 9007 (9004) (hb5) Bi-xenon - 6000k
Kensun HID Xenon Headlight Conversion Kit
HID lights have a glass chamber of gas, replacing the filament of traditional halogen bulbs. The gas is ignited by a 23,000v charge and stays illuminated by a constant 12v source provided by a ballast which is connected directly to your battery.
Remarkably, HID lights are able to provide greater light output with much less power consumption. Studies show that a 35w HID lamp produces 3 times as much light than a 55w halogen bulb. Also, a halogen bulb uses a continuous power draw of 10-15 amps, while the HID system uses 20 amps for ignition, but then drops to a mere 3 amps during operation (i.e. up to 80% less power during use!).
In addition, the HID headlamp provides longer service life. With no filament to vibrate and fatigue, under normal conditions HID bulbs last roughly 10 times longer than halogen bulbs.
What is HID Color Temperature?
Color temperature is a measure in Degrees Kelvin of the hue of a light source, in this case the HID bulb. p>
It is hard to describe HID colors accurately since many variables such as voltage, type of ballast and the environment can affect color output. Also, color perception is subjective. That said, here is a rough guide to Color Temperatures for HID bulbs:
- 3000K = Yellow
- 4300K = Bright white yellow tinge
- 5000K = Pure white
- 6000K = Bright white (some detect slight blue)
- 8000K = White with blue tinge
- 10000K = Light blue
- 12000K = Blue
- 15000K = Darker Blue (may appear violet)
- 20000K = Blue indigo
- 30000K = Indigo
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.