Lovejoy Heavy Duty Universal Joint 1.50" Outer Diameter - Size: HD10
- Single pin and block universal joint for applications with up to 25 degrees angular misalignment and speeds up to 1,750 RPM
- Induction hardened yoke ears provide longer life than standard D Type joints
- AISI 1144 carbon steel for strength and durability
- Solid hubs with centering holes aid in custom machining
- Operating temperatures range from -30 to 212 degrees F
This Lovejoy HD10 heavy duty carbon steel single pin-and-block universal joint with solid hubs is designed to connect two rotating shafts at angles up to 25 degrees. Its induction hardened yoke ears provide longer life than our standard D Type joints. This universal joint compensates for angular misalignments and has a single joint configuration for high torsional stiffness and torque capacity. The hubs, center block, and pins are made of American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI) 1144 carbon steel for strength and durability, and the solid hubs have centering holes for custom machining. Operating temperatures range from -30 to 212 degrees F. For optimal wear and extended life, boots (sold separately) are recommended, and boot retaining grooves are standard on this design. It has a 1.5" outside diameter and is 4.25" in length. Parts come unassembled. This universal joint provides a uniform speed ratio between driving and driven shafts, and is suitable for applications requiring moderate torque transmission, such as compressors, fans, machine tools, printing presses, and textile machinery.
Universal joints (also called U-joints, universal couplings, Cardan joints, Hooke s joints, or Hardy-Spicer joints) are used to transmit motion and rotational power, or torque, between two shafts that are offset at an angle. Most universal joints consist of two yokes and a middle assembly; the hub end of each yoke attaches to a shaft while the yoke ears attach to and pivot around the middle assembly to accommodate shaft misalignment. The type of middle assembly determines its usage pin and block joints are suitable for transmitting high torque, needle bearing joints are used to handle high rotational speeds, and ball and socket joints are used in applications requiring low backlash (play between moving parts). The body of the universal joint may include a single joint to accommodate only angular misalignments between shafts, or two joints to accommodate both angular and parallel misalignments. Available in a variety of materials and configurations, universal joints are used in applications including motor vehicles, conveyors, medical and optical devices, forestry and mining equipment, robotics and space exploration, and aeronautics, among others.
Lovejoy manufactures flexible couplings, universal joints, variable speed drives, and other transmission and mechanical power products. The company, founded in 1900, is headquartered in Downers Grove, IL.
- Brand Name Lovejoy
- Part Number 68514427383
- UPC 685144273833
- System of Measurement Inch
- Bore Diameter 1.5 inches inches
- EAN 0685144273833
- Number of Items 1
- Outside Diameter 1.50 inches
- Overall Length 4.25 inches
- Trade Size HD10
- UNSPSC Code 25173810
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.