Boston Gear Miter Gear - 0.875" Bore - 10 Pitch (L104Y)
A clever deal seeker from KS snagged this deal before you could.
Search our site to find another great deal. But hurry! With our low prices, we sell out fast!
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
- Straight miter 90 degree mesh transmits mechanical power between perpendicular shafts
- Pressure angle of 20 degrees for a lower contact ratio between gears, resulting in higher load capacity than smaller pressure angles
- Low carbon steel (.2 percent carbon) for applications where the hardness and strength of higher levels of carbon are not needed to transmit torque and motion
- Unhardened teeth for 1:1 gear ratio applications where hardness and strength are not needed to transmit torque and motion
This steel Boston Gear L series miter gear has a 20 degree pressure angle (PA) and a straight miter to transmit torque between perpendicular shafts to provide rotational power to another part of a motorized system. This gear has a plain bore, is made of low carbon steel (.2 percent carbon), and has unhardened teeth for 1:1 gear ratio applications where hardness and strength are not needed to transmit torque and motion. The 20 degree pressure angle provides a lower contact ratio between gears than a 14.5 degree pressure angle, resulting in higher load capacity. This gear is intended for use only with identical gears because miter gears can mesh only with gears that have the same pressure angle, number of teeth, and diametral pitch (number of teeth per inch). This Boston Gear miter gear is suitable for use in a variety of commercial and industrial applications, such as construction equipment, aeronautics, conveyors, and manufacturing equipment, among others.
Miter gears have a blunt-end cone shape with teeth along the cone face and are used for transmitting torque and motion between perpendicular rotating shafts. A miter gear's pressure angle (PA), spiral angle, diametral pitch (also called DP or pitch), and its material are important factors to consider when purchasing. Gears come in several types for use in different power transmission configurations and for different applications, including spur gears (for rotating shafts parallel to each other), change gears (to increase or decrease torque and speed), helical gears (for high rates of rotational speed), internal gears (where one gear is nested inside the other), rack and pinion gears (for turning rotational motion into linear motion), and worm gears (for perpendicular shafts in tight spaces and quiet operation). Gears are suitable for use in the agriculture, automotive, construction, mining, and packaging industries, and can be found in a variety of machines, including bicycles, automobiles, and elevators, among others.
Boston Gear manufactures a variety of gear drives, variable speed drives, clutches, and the components that comprise these systems including sprockets and bearings. Their manufacturing designs, production, and inspection meet International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standards for quality assurance. The company, founded in 1877, is headquartered in Charlotte, NC.
- Part Number: L104Y
- Bore Diameter: 0.875 inches
- Face Width: 0.56 inches
- Hub Diameter: 2.000 inches
- Hub Projection: 0.940 inches
- Pitch: 10 inches
- Outside Diameter: 2.640 inches
- Size: 10 Pitch
- Boston Gear
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.