Boston Gear YJ60B Spur Gear Cast Iron Inch 6 Pitch 1.250" Bore - 60 Teeth
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
- Transmits torque between parallel shafts to provide rotational power to another part of a motorized system
- Pressure angle of 20 degrees for a lower contact ratio between gears, resulting in higher load capacity than smaller pressure angles
- Diametral pitch of 6 for applications where transferring torque is more important than controlling changes in speed and direction of rotation with precision
- Cast iron for compressive strength and resistance to wear
The Boston Gear cast iron spur gear with 20-degree pressure angle (PA) and a diametral pitch (DP) of 6 transmits torque between parallel shafts to provide rotational power to another part of a motorized system. It has a 20-degree pressure angle for a lower contact ratio between gears, resulting in higher load capacity than smaller pressure angles, and a 6-diametral pitch for applications where transferring torque is more important than having precise control over motion, such as starting, stopping, and changing speed or rotational direction. This spur gear, which can mesh only with spur gears that have the same pressure angle and diametral pitch, is made of cast iron for compressive strength and resistance to wear. This Boston Gear spur gear is suitable for use in a variety of commercial and industrial applications, such as construction equipment, aeronautics, conveyors, and manufacturing equipment, among others.
Spur gears, the most common gear type, have a circular or cylindrical shape with teeth bordering the outer perimeter and are used for transmitting rotational torque and motion between parallel rotating shafts. A spur gear's pressure angle (PA), diametral pitch (also called DP or pitch), and its material are important factors to consider when purchasing. Gears come in several types for use in different power transmission configurations and for different applications, including bevel and miter gears (for rotating shafts perpendicular to each other), change gears (to increase or decrease torque and speed), helical gears (for high rates of rotational speed), internal gears (where one gear is nested inside the other), rack and pinion gears (for turning rotational motion into linear motion), and worm gears (for perpendicular shafts in tight spaces and quiet operation). Gears are suitable for use in the agriculture, automotive, construction, mining, and packaging industries, and can be found in a variety of machines, including bicycles, automobiles, and elevators, among others.
Boston Gear manufactures a variety of gear drives, variable speed drives, clutches, and the components that comprise these systems including sprockets and bearings. Their manufacturing designs, production, and inspection meet International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standards for quality assurance. The company, founded in 1877, is headquartered in Charlotte, NC.
- Boston Gear
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.