Martin C1096 Spur Gear - 14.5 Pressure Angle - Cast Iron
Sorry, this item is no longer available.
Search our site to find another great deal. But hurry! With our low prices, we sell out fast!
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
- 10 Pitch
- 7/8" Bore
- 9.8" OD
- 1.000" Face Width
- 96 Teeth
- Transmits torque between parallel shafts to provide rotational power to another part of a motorized system, Pressure angle of 14.5 degrees for a higher contact ratio between gears, resulting in quieter operation than larger pressure angles, Diametral pitch of 10 for applications requiring a balance between transferring torque and controlling changes in speed and direction of rotation with precision, Cast iron for compressive strength and resistance to wear
- The Martin cast iron spur gear with 14.5-degree pressure angle (PA) and a diametral pitch (DP) of 10 transmits torque between parallel shafts to provide rotational power to another part of a motorized system. It has a 14.5-degree pressure angle for a higher contact ratio between gears than larger pressure angles, resulting in quieter operation, and a 10-diametral pitch for applications requiring a balance between transferring torque and controlling changes in speed and direction of rotation with precision. This spur gear, which can mesh only with spur gears that have the same pressure angle and diametral pitch, is made of cast iron for compressive strength and resistance to wear. This Martin spur gear is suitable for use in a variety of commercial and industrial applications, such as construction equipment, aeronautics, conveyors, and manufacturing equipment, among others.
- Spur gears, the most common gear type, have a circular or cylindrical shape with teeth bordering the outer perimeter and are used for transmitting rotational torque and motion between parallel rotating shafts. A spur gear's pressure angle (PA), diametral pitch (also called DP or pitch), and its material are important factors to consider when purchasing. Gears come in several types for use in different power transmission configurations and for different applications, including bevel and miter gears (for rotating shafts perpendicular to each other), change gears (to increase or decrease torque and speed), helical gears (for high rates of rotational speed), internal gears (where one gear is nested inside the other), rack and pinion gears (for turning rotational motion into linear motion), and worm gears (for perpendicular shafts in tight spaces and quiet operation). Gears are suitable for use in the agriculture, automotive, construction, mining, and packaging industries, and can be found in a variety of machines, including bicycles, automobiles, and elevators, among others.
- Martin Sprocket & Gear manufactures power transmission and conveying products. The company was founded in 1951 and is headquartered in Arlington, TX. Martin provides tools that meet American National Standards Institute (ANSI), National Aerospace Standard (NAS), and Deutsches Institut fr Normung (DIN) standards.
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.