NSK 51117 Thrust Bearing - Single Row - 3 Piece - Grooved Race 85mm Bore
- Ball Bearing
- Single direction, deep-groove thrust ball bearing for applications that support heavy axial loads in one direction
- Open bearing for lubrication applied in place
- Through-hardened chromium steel for durability and resistance to deformity under heavy loads
- Pressed sheet steel retainer evenly spaces rollers for reduced friction, vibration, and noise
- Grooved raceways for higher speeds and thrust-bearing capacity than flat washers
This NSK single-row, three-piece thrust ball bearing has grooved races and a pressed steel cage. It is suitable for moderate-speed applications that support heavy axial loads in one direction and no radial loads. This deep-groove thrust ball bearing has a three-piece construction with a housing locating washer (ring), a shaft locating washer, and a ball and cage assembly. The washers have grooved raceways that conform to the balls rotating between them, allowing higher speeds and thrust bearing capacity than bearings with flat raceways. The single-row design supports thrust loads in a single direction and tolerates axial deflection, and the open construction allows for the bearing to be lubricated in place. The balls and washers are made of a low-alloy, through-hardened chromium steel for durability, heat tolerance, and resistance to deformity under heavy loads, and the pressed steel cage prevents the balls from coming into contact with each other during use, reducing friction, vibration, and noise. This bearing is separable so it mounts more easily than nonseparable bearings because its components can be installed independently. It can be used at operating temperatures from -30 degrees C to 150 C (-22 degrees F to 302 F). This thrust ball bearing has a PN (normal) tolerance class rating for dimensional accuracy and is suitable for applications including machine tool drive shafts, automotive steering gears and clutches, rotary tables, outboard motor propellers, and household appliances.
Rolling bearings use rolling elements to maintain the separation between moving parts to reduce rotational friction and support radial and axial loads. These elements can be one of the following types: ball, cylindrical, spherical, barrel, needle, spindle, or tapered. All rolling bearings are open, shielded, or sealed. Sealed bearings are lubricated with oil or grease in the bearing factory, while open and shielded bearings are meant to be lubricated in place, with periodic reapplication of lubrication, based on use. The shield protects the working parts of the bearing from environmental debris that may be introduced and could reduce the ball bearing speed and lifespan. Rolling bearings are used in a range of applications from agricultural machinery to conveying equipment, robotics, dental equipment, elevators, rolling mills, ship rudder shafts, and aggregate crushers, among others.
NSK manufactures ball and roller bearings, linear guides, and other components for automotive and industrial applications. The company, founded in 1916 in Japan, has offices in Ann Arbor, MI.
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.