Sealmaster Pillow Block Ball Bearing (SP-208)
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
- Pillow Block
- Two-bolt housing with ball bearing insert for a ready-to-mount installation
- Cast iron housing and steel bearing unit for carrying shafts with radial or radial and thrust loads
- Relubricatable solid one-piece housing pillow block for maximum strength and rigidity
- Non-expansion-type bearing with set screw locking collar for secure attachment to guided shaft
- Low friction felt seals to protect against contaminants and retain lubrication
This Sealmaster SP series non-expansion-type ball bearing pillow block with cast iron housing, set screw locking collar, felt seals, and lubrication fitting is suitable for supporting shafts that carry radial and axial loads, such as in material handling. The cast iron bearing housing has a flat square foot with two bolt holes to help accurately align the housing and the insert is rated "standard duty" for applications with light to moderate combined radial and thrust loads. A lock pin and dimple system provides a direct path for lubrication into the bearing, and prevents outer ring rotation within the housing. The bearing insert is black oxide coated for corrosion resistance and has a wide outer race with a land riding retainer that spaces the ball bearings for even load distribution and prevents contact to reduce friction, vibration, and noise. A collar extends from the bearing inner ring and two set screws spaced 120 degrees apart lock the collar and bearing onto the shaft for a three-point contact hold. This single-row bearing allows self-realignment and compensates for static and dynamic alignment errors up to two degrees. Low friction felt seals retain lubricant and protect against contamination that would shorten the bearing life. This ball bearing pillow block is suitable for use in material handling applications, such as in conveyors.
Mounted bearings combine a bearing mounted inside a housing unit. The bearing housing replaces the need for a casting or weldment to position the bearing securely for reliable operation, and its design determines the type of insert bearing. Insert bearings use rolling elements (ball, cylindrical, spherical, barrel, needle, spindled, or tapered) to maintain the separation between moving parts to reduce rotational friction, and to support radial and axial loads. Available in a variety of materials and mounting configurations, mounted bearings can be one- or two-piece, they can have an extended inner ring and locking device, and they can have seals and end caps that retain lubrication and protect the working parts of the bearing from environmental debris. Mounted bearings support shafts in a variety of mounting configurations (flange block, hanger, pillow block, and take-up block), and are used in a range of applications from light duty shaft guidance on conveyors to road building equipment and crushers.
Sealmaster manufactures bearings and bearing accessories. The company, founded in 1938 and headquartered in Elsmere, KY, meets International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standard 9001.
- Brand Name Sealmaster
- Part Number SP-208
- UPC 662461052662
- System of Measurement Inch/Metric
- Size 2 degrees
- Flange Center to Center Length 6-1/2 inches
- Thickness 1-15/16 inches
- EAN 0662461052662
- Item Weight 7.6 pounds
- Manufacturer Series Number SP
- Number of Items 1
- UNSPSC Code 31171511
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.