Sealmaster Standard Duty Flange Bracket (FB-12)
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
- Narrow cast iron flange bracket housing with three bolt holes on one side for mounting in tight spaces
- Standard-duty, deep-groove ball bearing insert for applications with moderate radial loads and light to moderate thrust or combination loads
- Felt labyrinth seals on both sides of the bearing keep lubricant in and contaminants out and flingers provide extra sealing protection
- Setscrew lock for a three-point contact hold on the shaft
- Grease fitting on the housing for reapplying lubricant
This Sealmaster FB standard-duty flange bracket has a cast iron housing with three bolt holes, felt seals, and setscrew locking collar. It is designed for mounting onto bearing surfaces perpendicular to the shaft axis. The narrow flange bracket housing is made of cast iron for rigidity and vibration damping and has three bolt holes on one side for mounting with tail pulleys or in tight spaces, such as equipment-bed side walls. The double-sealed, deep-groove ball bearing cartridge insert in the housing is rated "standard duty" for applications with moderate radial loads and light to moderate thrust or combination loads. The bearing is made of vacuum degassed 52100 chrome steel, and the inner and outer races are coated with black oxide for corrosion resistance. The inner ring is extended to provide extra shaft support. A pin and dimple anti-rotation rivet on the outer ring prevents rotation of the ring in the housing, reducing heat buildup and prolonging the bearing life. This self-aligning bearing has a convex sphered outer surface that compensates for misalignments. Low-friction felt labyrinth seals on both sides of the bearing retain lubricant applied at manufacture and help keep contaminants out. For added protection, flingers on the inner ring deflect contaminants away from the seals. The bearing locks onto the shaft with two setscrews spaced 120 degrees apart for a three-point contact hold. This lock type minimizes ring distortion and vibration and is suitable for low to moderate speed applications where the shaft rotates in a single or reversing direction. Flanged bearing units are suitable for use in industrial and commercial applications including conveyors, fans and blowers, construction machinery, and processing equipment, among many others.
Mounted bearings combine a bearing mounted inside a housing unit. The bearing housing replaces the need for a casting or weldment to position the bearing securely for reliable operation, and its design determines the type of insert bearing. Insert bearings use rolling elements (ball, cylindrical, spherical, barrel, needle, spindled, or tapered) to maintain the separation between moving parts to reduce rotational friction, and to support radial and axial loads. Available in a variety of materials and mounting configurations, mounted bearings can be one- or two-piece, they can have an extended inner ring and locking device, and they can have seals and end caps that retain lubrication and protect the working parts of the bearing from environmental debris. Mounted bearings support shafts in a variety of mounting configurations (flange block, hanger, pillow block, and take-up block), and are used in a range of applications from light duty shaft guidance on conveyors to road building equipment and crushers.
Sealmaster manufactures bearings and bearing accessories. The company, founded in 1938 and headquartered in Elsmere, KY, meets International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standard 9001.
- Brand Name Sealmaster
- Part Number FB-12
- UPC 662461010129
- Material Type Cast Iron
- System of Measurement Inch
- Size 2 degrees
- Bore Diameter 3/4 inches
- Flange Overall Height 5/16 inches
- Overall Length 4-1/4 inches
- Thickness 1-7/32 inches
- EAN 0662461010129
- Manufacturer Series Number FB
- Number of Items 1
- UNSPSC Code 31171500
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.