12"x12" Masterpiece 3D Pro Canvas - Vintage Oil Primed Belgian Linen
Sorry, this item is no longer available.
Search our site to find another great deal. But hurry! With our low prices, we sell out fast!
- Size: 12-Inch by 12-Inch, Depth: 2-1/2", Canvas Relief: 1/2" (Distance between Canvas and Bar).
- Pure Belgian Linen, 13 oz finished weight. Naturally strong linen with a more uniform surface texture.
- Sized and single primed with oil primer, very absorbent, excellent luminosity, for oil paints only.
- Solid Pine or Fir Stretcher Bars from the sustainable forests of the Pacific Northwest. No finger joints are allowed, which tend to fail under pressure and over time.
- Precision machined double tongue-and-groove corners allow you to increase the canvas tension. No Brace Required for this size.
- Corner keys are pre-installed.
- Stretched using our MuseumWrap method yielding a balanced tension across the surface of the canvas, and a drum-tight stretch that is up to 50% tighter than other methods. Folded corners mean a canvas that is uncut and perfectly intact, allowing the canvas to be removed from the frame and re-stretched.
- 12x12 Masterpiece 3D Pro 2-1/2" Deep Artist Canvas. Pure medium weight Belgian Linen finished to a primed weight of 13 oz. per square yard. It's sized and single primed with archival quality oil primer, making the ground impervious to paints leaching through and harming the fabric. For oil or alkyd paints only. It is highly absorbent and has excellent qualities of luminosity. It has a warm yellowish hue and is very popular among oil painters..it's a fabulous painting surface! Belgian linen is very strong and has natural oils within it's fibers which keep it flexible and help prevent disintegration over time. The surface has a smooth tooth, although not considered of a portrait texture.
With respect to frame construction, a celebrated feature of this product is what is called ''Canvas Relief'', which is the space between the canvas and the Stretcher Bar. There is 1/2'' of relief making it virtually impossible press on the canvas and touch the stretcher bar underneath. The frame is made from solid pine or fir wood harvested from the sustainable forests of the Pacific Northwest. Finger joints are never used in Masterpiece's wood frames. They are known to fail under pressure and over time, the glue joints break down, and are generally unsuitable for canvas frames that intended to last for centuries under continual tension. Precision machined double tongue-and-groove corners allow you to increase the canvas tension. No brace required for this size. Corner keys are pre-installed.
Stretched using our proprietary MuseumWrap stretching method, which means that the canvas is stretched drum-tight, up to 50% tighter than other methods, and with balanced tension across the surface of the canvas. The corners are neatly folded, uncut, and perfectly intact, thereby making it possible for the canvas to be removed and restretched on the same size frame. The edges are suitable for painting for display with or without a frame. A free inspirational art quote refrigerator magnet is included. There are over 120 to choose from! Made in North America!
- Masterpiece Artist Canvas
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.