Family Pastimes Sand Castles - An Award Winning Co-operative Game
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
- Game Type
- Board Game
- Recommended Age Range
- Min. Number of Players
- 8 players
- Boys & Girls
- A gentle game about helping each other to build sand castles on a beautiful day at the beach
- Players work together to build sand castles on the beach before the waves come in to wash them away
- Parent's Choice Award and New York Times Best Children's Game Award Winner and granted Canadian Toy Top Rating
- For 1 to 8 players ages 5 through 8 years
- Hand-made in Canada using recycled boards and papers, soy-based inks, water based glues and safe paints
- A gentle game about helping each other to build sand castles by the beach. It's a quiet, beautiful day with water lapping at the shore, but a wind begins to stir and some large waves move slowly toward our castles. Can we finish all three of them before those big waves wash in? Let's gather some sand, share our pails and shovels, and work hard together. This way, we have a much better chance of finishing. But, oh, oh... the waves are getting closer and closer. Should we make a big sand wall to protect the castle? Or take a chance and keep building the castle up? Decisions, decisions. All in all, an exciting game of strategy that gets us thinking. Includes: 6 x 24" board, pails, shovels, sand castles, waves, sand walls, die and chart.
Play as friends, not as enemies! Family Pastimes games foster the spirit of cooperation. Players help each other climb a mountain, make a community, complete a space exploration... They never play against each other. After all, the initial impulse to play a game is social; that is, we bring out a game because we want to do something together. How ironic then that in most games, we spend all our efforts trying to bankrupt someone, destroy their armies - in other words, to get rid of one another!
At Family Pastimes we believe that people of different ages and abilities should be able to play side by side, each making their best contribution. We are all there together when we finish the game to take joy in our successes and wonder how we might work together even better the next time we play. Thus, Family Pastimes games will prove to be a friendly form of fun. Socialization, entertainment, academic learning, character growth, etc. - whatever your objectives, we invite you to realize them by cooperative means. We hope you enjoy playing and learning together!
- Family Pastimes
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.