Boston Gear Spiral Bevel Gear - 0.250" Bore - 30 Pitch (SS302G)
Sorry, this item is no longer available.
Search our site to find another great deal. But hurry! With our low prices, we sell out fast!
Please note: BLINQ sells products in multiple conditions (new, open box, refurbished, etc). Not all reviews are reflective of the condition that you may purchase.
- 26 teeth for use with SS302-P mating bevel gear in 2:1 gear ratio applications
- Spiral bevel 90 degree mesh transmits mechanical power between perpendicular shafts
- Spiral angle of 35 degrees better suits this spiral bevel gear for higher speed and larger torque applications than straight bevel gears
- Low carbon steel (0.2 percent carbon) for applications where the hardness and strength of higher levels of carbon are not needed to transmit torque and motion
- Unhardened teeth for applications where hardness and strength are not needed to transmit torque and motion
This Boston Gear SS302-G spiral bevel gear has a 30 diametral pitch, 26 steel teeth, and a 35 degree spiral angle to transmit torque between perpendicular shafts to provide rotational power to another part of a motorized system. This bevel gear is intended for use with an SS302-P bevel pinion gear for applications requiring a 2:1 gear ratio. It has a 0.250" bore diameter, is made of low carbon steel (0.2 percent carbon), and has unhardened teeth for applications where hardness and strength are not needed to transmit torque and motion. The 20 degree pressure angle provides a lower contact ratio between gears than a smaller pressure angle, resulting in higher load capacity. The 35 degree spiral angle makes this spiral bevel gear better suited for higher speed and larger torque applications than straight bevel gears. This gear is used only with its mating pinion gear because bevel gears can mesh only with gears that have the same pressure angle, spiral angle, and diametral pitch (that is, the number of teeth per inch). This Boston Gear spiral bevel gear is suitable for use in a variety of commercial and industrial applications, such as construction equipment, aeronautics, conveyors, and manufacturing equipment, among others.
Bevel gears have a blunt-end cone shape with teeth along the cone face and are used for transmitting torque and motion between perpendicular rotating shafts. A bevel gear's pressure angle, spiral angle, diametral pitch (also called DP or pitch), and its material are important factors to consider. A bevel gear is part of a set of two gears, and the gear ratio for the set is determined by the number of teeth on each gear. Gears come in several types for use in different power transmission configurations and for different applications, including spur gears (for rotating shafts parallel to each other), change gears (to increase or decrease torque and speed), helical gears (for high rates of rotational speed), internal gears (where one gear is nested inside the other), rack and pinion gears (for turning rotational motion into linear motion), and worm gears (for perpendicular shafts in tight spaces and quiet operation). Gears are suitable for use in the agriculture, automotive, construction, mining, and packaging industries, and can be found in a variety of machines, including bicycles, automobiles, and elevators, among others.
Boston Gear manufactures gears, gear drives, bearings, valves, shaft collars, couplings, and other power and fluid transmission components. The company, founded in 1877, is headquartered in Charlotte, NC, and meets International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standard 9001:2008 standard.
- Brand Name: Boston Gear
- Part Number: SS302G
- Bore Diameter: 0.250 inches
- Hub Diameter: 0.750 inches
- Hub Projection: 0.380 inches
- Pitch: 30
- Number of Teeth: 26
- Outside Diameter : 0.480 inches
- Boston Gear
May We Also Suggest
How BLINQ Works
- Retailer needs to move overstock, open box & refurbished inventory.
- BLINQ receives inventory and professionally inspects each item.
- Condition is determined, with only the best items passing inspection.
- Item is heavily discounted on BLINQ.com to sell quickly.